Add Spain Regions to shipping

This would be great to separate the Canary Islands and Baleares from the common shipping method for Spain, doing it similar to the VAT settings would be nice.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • With the VAT settings, we did that with a relatively long list of regions. For the shipping, that would presumably be different. What zones would be needed, something like the below?

Mainland
    Canary Islands
    Baleares
  • Those would be nice indeed, just I would add also Ceuta and Melilla as one more group.

Currently I think they are not recognized neither on the shipping address dropdown but they are 2 extraterritorial EU cities that work the same as the Canary Islands in terms of 0% VAT, and for shipping they are sometimes at rates of Baleares and sometimes at rates of Canary Islands.

More details: https://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/7105/0-tax-for-canarias-and-others-in-eurozone
  • Okay so

Mainland
    Canary Islands
    Baleares
    Ceuta and Melilla (Or these as seperate?)

Are all these within the "Country" of Spain? And are they identifiable by zip/postal code?
  • Yes both together is good!

They are all part of the country Spain as region each.

Most ZIP codes are one the other linked forum post, I will also add Baleares ones:

Canary Islands:
    Las Palmas (35000-35999)
    Santa Cruz de Tenerife (38000-38999),

Baleares (07000-07999)
    All the islands

Ceuta (51000-51999)
    Melilla (52000-52999)
  • Okay, I will take a look at implementing that later in the year
  • Thanks for taking a look!
  • That should now be working, based on the subregions, not zip codes.
  • Just to confirm, for brick owl users that are not logged in, so we don't know their region, it will default to showing the "mainland" pricing.
  • Mainland by default is perfect, most will be from there.

But @Lawrence where can I find this setting? Been looking around on the shipping method settings or creating a new one but I can't find anything apart from just selecting Spain.
  • Ah, it’s only if you choose Correos as your shipping provider. I can enable it for any of the others if needed.