Popular Search Terms

How do these work? On my store dashboard there are five listed but do these relate to searches site wide or just my store? I assume they are my store only as the frequency of searching seems fairly low (only a couple of occasions in most examples).

I'm intrigued to know what, if any, information I can take from this. They seem to be updated 'live', so using them to prioritize stock is redundant, and they also look to be exactly as entered in the search field (including spelling errors, punctuation, colors, etc), so may not get a match as a result. Equally they could be pretty vague; 'arm' might be a Minifigure arm that the customer is looking for, but will include everything that is an arm or has the word arm somewhere in the catalog entry.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has a use for them that I'm not aware of, or can it be tweaked or amended. For example I can establish what are my best selling colors but can I see more of these popular searches anywhere else? If I knew that there were a lot of searches for, say, Technic parts, I could prioritize those when adding inventory.

Hope this all makes sense!

Cheers

James

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You are right, they are store specific searches. If you are looking as more detailed info, you are better off looking at the analytics tab.
  • @White Horse Bricks thanks for that. So, to follow up, with the introduction of the analytics tab which arguably does show meaningful data, do we still need this on the dashboard?

If it is store specific but I as a seller effectively get nothing from it, would it be better to lose or replace it (although without putting any thought into it I don't know what else I'd prefer)?
  • edited May 2 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sharing my Popular Search Terms, starting with Star Wars - image attached. Curious how yours match up? I've yet to find them particularly useful, but I'm all ears for ideas!
  • I understood Analytics was in Beta but it's been a while and I might have got that wrong. If that's the case, losing the searches from the main page wouldn't be great.
  • The popular search terms doesnt necessarily serve any purpose, it's more that we had the data so decided to share it with stores