BrickSync error message for Brick 2 x 2 Round with Dome Top

Hi all,

I just got back from a holiday and re-opened my store, fired up BrickSync and started receiving the error message below. Now all my lots of this part are set to zero qty on BrickOwl (but are still alive and well on the other site). Is anyone else getting this error for this part?

LOG: Queued BrickOwl Query: Create item "553", BOID 895798, color 5, quantity 82
16:25:53 WARNING: BrickOwl HTTP Error - Saving server reply (412+50 bytes) at path "data\errors-2024-04-14\03470.txt".
16:25:53 WARNING: Error creating BrickOwl item "553", color 2.
16:25:53 WARNING: It's possible we may have cached an old BOID for this BLID. Try updating the BLID<->BOID translation cache by typing owlqueryblid -f 553.
16:25:53 WARNING: The operation was rejected by BrickOwl. A further sync will attempt the operation again.

I've used the owlqueryblid command as it suggests and it returns BOID 895798, so is this the wrong ID? It doesn't seem to match any shown on the item catalog page for any variant.

I know the powers that be have been messing around and merging parts over on BL so no doubt this is related to that. To be honest my head is just not in the game right now and I don't have the energy to catch up on what they've changed/ruined over there recently.

Can someone please let me know how to sort this? I was going to try submitting the BOID to the catalog to see if that helps but I'm not even sure it's right and which variant does it relate to?

I think I came back from holiday more frazzled than before I left!

The error log contains this message;
==== DATA ====
{"error":{"status":"Item scheduled for deletion"}}
==== END ====

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That 553 brick is one that had the variants merged. I don't know the specifics how to fix things, but I suspect you've got a suffix somewhere on the 553 that no longer exists at BrickLink.
  • The problem with the sync is that the BrickOwl catalog has locked some colors of the undetermined 553 and the API can't list the items here. For now use ~ in your remarks and wait to see if @Lawrence decides to unlock those
  • @mfav @Stellar thanks for helping out, I'll double check my inventory and verify what's listed on BL and make sure there's no mistakes on my side (which is always a possibility). It's strange because I didn't have any issues with the previous variant merges they performed on BL (at least no more issues than anyone else did at that time), and I am running the updated version of BrickSync.

I did forget about using the ~ in my remarks to exclude lots from sync, that's a good option for now to make the error messages go away until this is sorted (if ever), although unless I keep checking I guess I'll forget about this altogether without the error messages to remind me.

Oh well, thanks for the assist.
  • @mfav @Stellar @Captain.M I noticed this too on Friday - all of my 553 bricks suddenly produced an error.

What I've done to get them all showing on BO is this:

1 - On BL, put a comment on each lot to say which stud type they are (e.g. *** hollow stud ***).

2 - On Bricksync, change the 553 BL item's BO ID. I changed it to reference the "Hollow Stud, Axle Holder" variant on BO as that seemed to be the most popular. Change the BOID by typing "owlforceblid 812304 553" into the Bricksync console.

3 - Do a blmaster on, then blmaster off and it will sync all of the 553 parts back to BO.

It's not fool proof as it means all of the 553 parts are allocated to one variant, but with the comment showing the type of stud I figure it's the best I'm going to get.

Rich
  • I've moved the BL ID 553 from the "undetermined" part onto one of the other parts. We intend to delete the "undetermined" entries hence the errors received.
  • @brickadoon @Lawrence that's it sorted now. Once I updated bricksync to the new BOID all my lots synced over perfectly.

Thanks very much for your help with this and hopefully it won't keep happening every time BL decide to change something.