Invalid PayPal credentials, please try again

When setting up the PayPal - Premier / Business Accounts, I get the error message Invalid PayPal credentials, please try again.

My PayPal API Username, PayPal API Password and PayPal API Signature are all entered correctly.

I have a PayPal Business Account.

Who can help me?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You may want to check if you have copied them exactly, and don't include any spaces either side
  • I paid extra attention to that because I had already read that tip in the forum. The PayPal credentials work well when I use them for a personal account (I have that turned on now), but as soon as I want to use these credentials for PayPal - Premier / Business Accounts, I get this message and I just have a PayPal Business Account.
  • I also read on Google, To allow a third party to make API calls on your behalf, you must explicitly grant them permission to do so. Do I perhaps need to set this up first?
  • As far as I am aware it's only needed to copy the information exactly as it appears on the paypal website. Unfortunately I don't really have any further suggestions
  • BL has a certain API access right to my PayPal business.

“Third party access rights

If you grant access rights to third parties, you grant access to specific data regarding your account or transactions. This may also allow third parties to take certain actions on your behalf. For example, these services allow the third party to make different types of payments, refund amounts and search for transaction data.”

Maybe I should add Brick Owl?
    When I want to do this, it asks for the third party API username
  • BL uses a different system to us, as far as I'm aware you don't need to set any settings on the paypal website
  • @BrickConnector
    As I recently moved from a personal to a (new) business account I'm sure nothing has to be set up on PayPal.
    If you have (double/triple) checked that you did not copy a space in the API username, API password or API signature, maybe you need to delete them on PayPal and generate new ones.
    (maybe before that open a notepad and copy paste them from PayPal as well as BO, and see if they match).

Once deleted and you got new ones maybe also disconnect and reconnect PayPal on BL, not sure how it works behind the scenes there since you don't have to fill these in by hand, but maybe there you are using the same credentials.