Why have all the lego heads got the same code (3626)

I have noticed that all heads have the same code when you search for them on the catalogue the main page shows them all with the code 3626 and not there lego code as before

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We removed the decoration specific design IDs from the names as they're not on the actual part and don't seem to be used in many places. We'd be happy to hear feedback if people feel this should be handled differently.
  • I, for one, would prefer that the design ID be attached to the name and not the part number. I order 50 different heads at a time and (3626) is not particularly helpful when the order comes and I am trying to verify parts. Some heads have very similar designs…the line below the mouth might be black on one and brown on another and the mouth might have a very slight difference in the height or width…but otherwise the eyes and eyebrows are pretty much the same. It is not uncommon for me to get one or two heads swapped for a similar other in an order.

It is much faster for me to look at that design ID number and match it as that is unique. Head descriptions are inconsistent at best and trying to wallow through the ambiguity of those as opposed to a specific identifier is time consuming and painful.

Alternately include the full BOID as a line item on the order page so that can be used as reference.

I really prefer that every part have some specific label as opposed to every part having a generic label.

Thank you for your consideration.
  • Design ID attached to the name would be great!

And why not use also official numbers in the name description where possible ?

https://www.lego.com/de-de/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?subcategory=42

Each head has official different 4-digit ''NO. xxxx'' - for heads and torsos ReBrickable started using this system as well, so no confusion for people when buying/searching/comparing with PaB if each marketplace/catalog site has their own system or no system at all.

My suggestions, for example 6419080/101353:
    LEGO Police Dog Trainer Minifigure Head NO. 3896 (Recessed Solid Stud) (3626)
    LEGO Police Dog Trainer Minifigure Head NO. 3896 / Design 101353 (Recessed Solid Stud) (3626)

For older parts, we may not know both numbers, but even one of them in the description would be very helpful.
    I prefer to have both numbers in the description if we know them.

If LEGO, ReBrickable and BO used the same system it would mean less people would get confused.
    (The BL system is worse, they don't even track the design ID of the printed elements so searching there using design-ID is fully impossible - their big mistake, and i totally hate it).
  • We have now changed this, so decorated items that have their own 'decorated design id', will now show both the 'decorated design id' and the real design id in the title.