Wrong shipping method at checkout for foreign customer

Hi,

We have set the shipping costs for our new Brick Owl shop, but are encountering a problem.

Situation: Orders over €25 must be shipped with track and trace. Track and trace is possible as a letter or as a package. A letter with Track and Trace is cheaper.

If a foreign customer orders an order above 25 euros (which, for example, contains a minifig and a booklet), Brick Owl will only choose a package with track and trace at checkout, while according to the set dimensions it can also be sent as a letter with track and trace.

Example:

* If I order 2 minifigs above 25 euros, the system says that it can be sent as a letter.

* If I order 1 instruction booklet and 1 minifig above 25 euros, the system says that only parcel shipping is possible.

I've been trying to figure out for hours what's going wrong, but I can't figure it out. Does anyone know what is going wrong and how I can solve this problem?

Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Might be worth checking your dimension limits (and also volume limits). I can't see your delivery page (is it currently disabled to view?), but I've just put an expensive minifig in my cart and it gives me the option of either letter or package (both with tracking). I think this happens in my store as well as technically both are correct options as a minifig would fit in both, although I would hope the customer would select the most appropriate one.

As instructions can be both large and heavy it may be that it will default to package as it can't be sent as letter (I don't know what Belgian post allows dimension wise), and the thickness of the instructions may play a part.

There may be other factors at play but this is just off the top of my head.
  • Thank you for your response, it is certainly appreciated. I have just turned on the delivery page so that everything can be viewed. (https://brickconnector.brickowl.com/page/delivery)

Things go wrong as soon as a minifig is chosen, together with an instruction book with a total price above 25 euros. Then the shipping option as a letter with track and trace is no longer available, while it simply fits together in a letter.
  • The shipping system is entirely based on the shipping methods in your store. I recommend you adjust your dimension limits, as it looks like you have entered the exact limits, rather than accounting for packaging. Also, I recommend you do not use "Minimum Order Subtotal Limit"
  • Thank you for your response, it seems to have finally been resolved!

The problem was that I had created 2 different shipping sizes for letter track and trace. This caused these 2 shipping methods to clash, I think. Now that I have put everything in 1 shipping size, it works as it should!

Thank you both for your help.
  • It looks like you still have the issue with the minimum order subtotal limits, and the dimensions, so I would recommend that you resolve that
  • I've solved it now :) !

I have now combined all dimensions into 1 shipping method instead of multiple. I also now understand what you meant with the minimum order subtotal limits.

I wanted to use this option to indicate that if the order is higher than 25 euros, it must be shipped with track and trace.
    This made it seem like I had a minimum purchase of 25 euros and that is not the case.

Now I found out that I have to use the Maximum Order Subtotal for this.

Everything should be completely fine now
    https://brickconnector.brickowl.com/page/delivery
  • @BrickConnector
    There still seems to be something off.
    The Nederlands pakket doesn't seem to have dimension limits (maybe not necessary).

And the worldwide (including Europe) letter seems to use the 'real letter' PostNL rates, but since a couple of years (2021) it is not allowed to ship goods that way. Only within the Netherlands that is (still) allowed.
  • I'm still working on it, I was happy that I was able to solve the biggest problems. :) Within the Netherlands I cannot think of a situation where a package of 100 × 50 × 50 cm will not be sufficient, but that is still something to adjust. Thank you.