'Updated' date not changing

Hi @Lawrence

I've just updated all of my postage prices, but the 'Updated' date in the Shipping page hasn't changed - it's still showing the last updated date which was November 2023.

I've gone back & checked a few shipping methods, and the data has definitely changed & saved.

Can you take a look please?

Thanks

Rich

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I believe that’s the date the text on the page is updated, rather than the blocks
  • For what it's worth I've just carried out the same price update to my shipping methods and I noticed the exact same issue. The reason I noticed it is because when I save my changes and the page returns to the list of shipping methods I use the 'updated' field as a reference to let me know how far down my list I've got (it's too easy to loose track and click back into the same shipping method).

I am fairly certain that every time Royal Mail increase their prices (which is now several times a year but don't get me started on that topic!) and I adjust mine accordingly that I have used the 'updated' field to track my progress. I don't believe I have also carried out other updates to the page text on each occasion (but I couldn't rule it out 100%).

My first thought was that it was a bug in the site, but I guess Lawrence is correct. Just tested it and updated the text and the 'update' field did indeed update.

So my solution for this, when carrying out only price changes, is to add an additional full stop to the end of the shipping method 'note' to force the update to be recorded. That way I can easily keep track of my changes, then next time Royal Mail decide to shaft us again, all I have to do is remove the extra full stop and the update will continue to update. Now all have to do is hope my memory doesn't let me down and I remember this genius plan the next time - if not then I guess I'll see you here again in 6 months! :D

Well done if you read the all the way through this elaborate explanation of the most insignificant 1st world problem :D
  • Looking at my own shipping options, in January the dates were updated when anything was changed.
    I have some shipping options where i'm certain only changed prices and nothing else.
    But this is foor the settings->shipping options.
    Not sure if @Lawrence is referring to the same, or to the shipping page that buyers can see.
    And not sure which of the pages @brickadoon means :smile: