Brick Owl Fishing

Brick Owl Fishing! Was wondering if anyone else does this?

So your active on the site and you notice 'active carts and page views' has just gone up. (You've got a bite)
You then keep clicking on 'my store' to refresh and watch 'page views' go up. (Reeling it in)
Until nothing happens (the one that got away) or you get a new order (caught it)
I just caught a couple of tiddlers! :-)

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • 35 lines in the water here
  • I love it when you spend an hour watching the numbers change like crazy, and the search terms fly by, and you are (like you said) waiting on the other end of the line thinking "I've got a whopper on the end of this line". And when you finally reel it in (if you do). It turns out to be a 40 lot order for $10 or some such nonsense. It's the thrill of the unknown, that keeps us coming back. I should have learned the first time I wasted an hour of my night waiting for a "whopper" of an order to come in. But I didn't.
    The nice thing about Brick Owl fishing vs real fishing is that you can still catch the fish even if you are busy doing something else.
    Katie
  • So glad I'm not the only one!!
  • (Fingers in ears, singing la-la-la-la-la) I don't need to learn new things like this... My obsessiveness goes up quite nicely on its own, thank you.
  • I notice the active carts rising every day and only drop a bit when I get orders but what about the remaining carts that had been active for a week now. It seem there no time-out limit on how long you can keep on your carts?
  • If you hover, I think it says its the past 7 days. That's only for the metric though, carts aren't deleted for a long time.