Brickpacker Error Syncing

Hi
I keep getting this error when I sync my store inventories
Does anyone know why this is? Its been happening for 24 hours now.

Error
Load Brick Owl Inventory
Load Brick Owl Inventory (last items)

Comments

• 42 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What tool are you using that's producting the errors?
  • I'm using brickpacker
  • The best thing to do would be to contact them and they should be able to advise
  • I have the same problem since yesterday. Any news regarding this? I checked and my API-key is correct.
  • We aren't able to provide support for any third party solutions unfortunately, it would be best to contact them
  • Im having the same problem. I emailed Brick Packer yesterday but have not gotten a response.
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s related to the color change for reddish orange on BL. If you only have a few lots of that color you could try making a note of them then deleting them on both platforms to see if that helps
  • Or maybe brickpacker has troubles with merged variants (on BL).
    Or rather renumbering and renaming
  • I'm having the same issue with brickpacker. It is showing my inventory for BrickOwl as "no records" so I am unable to sync any of my inventory. I also checked my API key and it is correct. I emailed [email protected], but got no response.

It doesn't seem variant related since it isn't detecting any of my BrickOwl inventory at all.
  • I do hope nothing gone wrong at Brickpacker as I have the same issue because it used to help me saving time when i list parts in BL i used this BP for auto uploading to BO so that saving time. Gerrik the owner used to reply fast before had not replied mine too. So I hope nothing happen to him as well. I been using this BP since 7th March 2014 so that nearly 10 years anniversary by then.
  • @Jiries after your post, I checked and they have logged into Brick Owl very recently so hopefully they are fine and will get back to everybody.
  • Still the same this morning and no reply yet from Gerrik something might had happened to himself for not fixing or replying our emails?
  • Same here.
    Error
    Load Brick Owl Inventory
    Load Brick Owl Inventory (last items)

I have tried on two emails and no respond. In the past, he was answering faster, don't know what is the problem there :(
  • I just switched over to Brick Freedom. I couldn't keep my store closed this long. Don't know what is happening as I've never had Gerrit not reply to my emails. Hope he is ok but I just moved on to Brick Freedom. So far I am super happy.
  • Any news on this problem yet, has anyone got in contant with Gerrik? This is so irritating and costing me refunds all the time.
  • @FreddyBricksSWE Until now no reply yet and i felt somethig bad happened to Gerrik and his site as knowing him for 10 years always prompt emails reply like Lawrence does. So far what I list in BL only so any one order there will not cost me any refunds but noticed a drop in orders here since this happening, because i had not listed anymore parts which usually generate more orders when listing it.
  • Nope. No answers to the multiple emails sent.
  • I have tried Brick Freedom but it can sync only if you are adding parts on Bricklink first, not vice versa. I am adding parts via Brick Owl for 3 years, so I am stucked with Brickpacker not working. Any solutions?
  • Hello, I am following this topic and hope everything is okay with Gerrik.

For the people who are stuck, you can use my service for free until it is clear what is going on. I can synchronize with BrickOwl as the primary, with edits on both sites.

Contact me if you are interested and I'll help you set it up.

Erwin
    InSpace Software
    https://iss.ws/go/discord
  • is there any other service out there like brickpacker? where Brickowl is the primary store? i tried brickfreedom and i lose to much inventory and changes i have done in the last 2 weeks.
  • @dhbarron have a look at InSpace Software

https://iss.ws/go/discord

Erwin (the developer) is very responsive and helpful
  • I use Inspace software and it and Erwin are excellent. I recommend this service over Brickfreedom or Brickpacker. Do not hesitate to use Erwin’s service, customer since September 2023.
  • We are having the same issues. However, I've noticed that the orders syncing is still working. When we get an order on either site, brickpacker is still pulling the pieces off the other site. The only thing that seems to not be working is syncing inventory, so we cannot add the new stock we've been listing on bricklink to brickowl.
  • I'd highly recommend InSpace Software. I've be using the software for almost 4 years now. BLSM first and then Sync since 2022.
  • Does anyone know what is going on, why Brickpacker admin isn't even responding to any messages?
  • Hello people, for everyone who has troubles with BrickPacker, just go to inspacesync.com. Chat with Erwin, everything will be fine, you can trust him for 100%, he fix everything. His new program is very functional, mutch better then Brickpacker, great service. Don't doubt just go to him
  • I have had the same issue for over a week and no responce to my emails which is very unusual. I have just moved to BrickFreedom, so far i'm impressed! A lot more features so this could be a blessing in disguise.
  • I had moved to BrickFreedom and a great site and really like it so far. I joined BF on the 7th March which is 10 years anniversary since joining BP on 7th March 2014. So here to another 10 years now with BF. Can't see going back to BP anymore. Still don't know what happened to Gerrik but if anything happened to him surely he had a family member to contact us like Dan who used to own BL passed way and his parents took over for a while.
  • As I'm a small scale seller, paying monthly standing charges for synchronization makes no sense to me. Also, I'm not willing to pay sync fees for shipping costs. Under these conditions, is there any alternative to Brickpacker? (other than shutting down my store on one or the other site)
  • @BB17b you could use Bricksync. It's free, but you need a PC/laptop/tablet to run it 24/7 as it's not cloud-based.
  • Thank you all for the kind words.

First, my mistake, the BrickPackers owner's name is Gerrit, not Gerrik.

@BB17b my fees are excluding any costs (shipping, insurance, ...) basically, only over the bricks you sell.
  • @brickadoon Thank you, but I prefer a cloud-based solution.
    @ErwinNL Thank you, but I cannot afford monthly standing charges of EUR 15.00.

Guys, I found this on the internet: https://necrocanada.com/deces-2023/gerritjankistemaker-1968-2024/
    Is that about Brickpacker-Gerrit? If so, is there anybody from this community who could get in touch with family members? Or is this the end of Brickpacker?
  • @bb17b yes, he does match the profile "great love of Formula One and Legos, as well as math, science, and programming." I assume this is him.
  • That's really sad to hear, thank you for finding that information @BB17b
  • So sad to hear that as I was fearing something happened to him at young age 55. Seem when that happened to him the BO sync on No2 had been removed to Store inventory and still running sync orders so fees mounted up now abandoned brickpacker site as no one in his family member took over it. RIP to Gerrit.
  • This is really sad news! I will have to update my article on syncing options https://brickarena.com/syncing-your-bricklink-store-with-brick-owl/

For those looking for a cloud based solution I would recommend Brick Freedom.
  • That's such sad news, I had a horrible feeling that could be the case, as he always responded promtly to my emails. R.I.P
  • Dang... that is so sad. I knew something was wrong...
  • I went to check Brick Packer it still partial working but abandoned and read his obituary which show further updates about the funeral and his life as he passed away peacefully in his home on 28th Feb..
  • There is an update on brickpacker.com now confirming Gerrit's passing. Apparently they did not find anyone who could keep the site going.
  • Thank you for the update.