Inventory is being deleted from BO due to the renumbering over there

For example I've lost all my inventory of 2x2 tiles with groove cause the blid was renumbered from 3068b to 3068.

Bricksync can't find these parts now and just deleted the quantity off the existing lots.

Is there a plan for this or is the comms so bad over there that there is no plan until it can be figured out?

This is so much worse than I imagined and it's just starting.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • BrickSync also created new lots in the "indeterminate" field of the 1x2 and 2x2 tiles in you ran an on/off. I've already submitted a request to modify the BL ID on both of these to the new identifier as well as requesting that the new BL ID which matches the "indeterminate" be eliminated.

One could assume that 99.99% of the sellers this effected on BL have already marked their tiles that actually have no groove as such since they are worth so much more in comparison.

Note: Someone with a little more time could get ahead of this by recommending the changes and have it all submitted to BO prior to the change on BL so Lawrence could just approve as them as they happen.

Also a note of thanks to the devs who are still supporting the amazing and free BrickSync application. Y'all are kings.
  • As a temporary measure I've added the Feb 1st variant changes into my BrickSync, so at least my inventory is back to normal.

@BigBBricks I'm one of the devs that has been supporting BrickSync (mainly with new colours being added). Thank you for your support!
  • > I've added the Feb 1st variant changes into my BrickSync, so at least my inventory is back to normal.

Can you expand on this?
  • I've adjusted the 3069 and 3068 BL IDs on our catalog, which bricksync uses. You'll probably need to do some command to refresh its ID cache
  • Certainly if any BL IDs are changing, you can submit catalog requests for that. The reason Brick Owl has BOIDs that never change is to avoid this chaos.
  • I've also adjusted the IDs for 3070 and 3062 as I see they've changed too
  • Thank you Lawrence. You're always quick with replies and solutions.
  • Would also be interested in the response to "As a temporary measure I've added the Feb 1st variant changes into my BrickSync, so at least my inventory is back to normal."
  • @ralphs_bricks @BrickMattNZ In Bricksync you can force a BL item to use a specific BO ID using the command owlforceblid.

Using part 3068 as an example, I input 'owlforceblid 462122 3068' into BrickSync (this was before Lawrence made the changes to BLIDs)