Additional Postage Costs - Can I re-invoice?

Hi everyone!
I have got an order, which the buyer has clicked and paid for the wrong postage. They have agreed to pay the extra amount for the order to be sent. Is there a way I can re-invoice the additional value to the customer via Brick Owl?

Thank you in advance!!

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If the wrong shipping amount has been charged on an order, you would need to update your shipping methods to prevent this happening again. We would not consider it the customers responsbility to not choose the wrong postage.

If the customer is willing to pay the extra, you can send a paypal invoice to their brick owl email address. This can be found on the contact tab of the customer.
  • @Georginaa I'd also look at slightly tweaking your weight bands. When posting using Royal Mail the total weight will include the envelope and any packing you may include. At the moment a customer could order exactly 100g of parts but the additional weight of the packing would tip it over and you'd be charged more than £1.55 to post.

As an example for Large Letter I go up to 80gm in my first weight band as I know my bubble envelope adds about 10gm, plus they'll be a grip seal bag or two in there and a packing list. This means the chances of me losing out on postage costs is reduced as much as possible.
  • Hi @Lawrence and @Jay37 thank you both for your replies! Both answers make perfect sense to me. I will have to invoice the customer via Paypal, as they have chosen the wrong postage (sometimes Duplo can be a large letter, but most often if lots are ordered small parcel is the only way, but customers can feel like a large letter will do!).

Thank you both :)
  • Just to clarify it’s not up to the customer to decide if an order can go with large letter or not, this is handled by the dimension limits on your shipping methods.
  • About the dimensions;

I noticed there were some items missing the dimensions but arent those tied within the inventory sync from brinklink?
  • We don’t synchronise any catalog data from BrickLink. So any items missing dimensions would need the dimensions to be entered into the edit form by a user
  • I did consider helping out with adding dimensions a while back.

But tbh i did not because i found it to be troublesome, the navigation for it felt a bit off and the reward system seemed a little bit as a farm.

If need be i can explain a bit more , but i rekon you/team are busy enough these days and diserve some peace of mine too.

Best of wishess