Receiving messages that indicate they are from me but they are not

I have received a couple of messages which either claim to be from me or to me.

The first one appears to originate from a third party application called DeepinBricks.com and looks like it should be from 'ElevenBricks' but is showing as being from me. The customer has then replied to me, rather than ElevenBricks.

I assume Deepin Bricks is using an API and appears to have me crossed linked with someone else.

Please advise.

Keith
Brick Arena

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Is DeepinBricks a tool that you are using/have used?
  • I had a trial of it once quite some time ago, yes. But have not used it in a long time and have no active account.
  • Okay, that will be how they have gotten the data then. I would recommend you contact them and request they delete your information and stop sending emails on your behalf.
  • You're missing the point. These are not emails that are meant to be from me, they are supposed to be from another seller that seems to be getting mixed up with me? Surely this is a security issue?
  • The email addresses uniquely identify both the sender and receiver, so if they are shared with a third party they can send messages from your account. By sharing the API key with a third party they can then access information from your account