Russian Federation not accepting packages

As above. I received a shipping quote request from someone whose address is Russian Federation, and USPS won't let me ship there (at least via Pirate Ship). How do I cancel this quote request?

Obviously I will send a message explaining this to them, but I need to cancel without entering a dollar amount.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I used to enter ridiculous shipping cost - like 200 Eur so quote for sure was not accepted. Was looking for similar situation solution, but used this as workaround.
  • I thought you could delete quotes now?
  • Yes, you should cancel a quote, it’s not acceptable to enter a made up amount. If you cannot ship to a country, you need to update your shipping methods to remove that country.
  • I did update my shipping methods, but did not know I could cancel a quote. Will look for that in the future. Thank you!
  • You said Russia don't accept packages, but it might be your country having sanctions against Russia, due to the conflict in Ukraine.
    I work in a warehouse in Norway, and we have some Russian customers. Since the conflict in Ukraine started about 2 years ago, the Norwegian government made sanctions against shipping parcels to Russia, from businesses. However, Norwegian citizens are allowed to send parcels to Russia, but it will be extra delivery time, according to the Norwegian Postal Office (Bring.no)
    So how do we do it at my work, where we are not allowed to ship parcels? - We try to make the shipment as light as possible and we ship it as standard letter or registered letter. A letter can be up to 2 kg and the dimensions of the package can be a total of 90 cm (length x width x height).

Maybe your country have different sanctions than Norway, but there might be a way for you to ship to Russia.