Making shipping methods as tables

I'm not sure how it is in other countries, but in the Netherlands (PostNL) has different rates for a lot of different countries.
In the tables there are 40 different rows for 5 categories, that would account for 200 shipping methods, and that is only shipping letters and small parcels.
For this year I put the countries together that have the same cost, others are combined that do not match exactly.
Still I get about 14 different options per category (so still 70 methods).

It would be nice to be able to make shipping options based on a table.
The table below (if it still is a table after posting) shows a small part.
As columns are the country and weight bands, the rows contain the countries and shipping cost.
For 'Rest Europa' and 'Rest Wereld' there would need to be an extra field where the countries to which it applies can be filled in.

0-100 100-200 200-350 350-500 500-1000 1000-2000
Australië 7,05 9,25 12,70 13,55 21,00 23,70
België 4,95 5,95 7,75 8,25 8,95 9,95
Canada 6,25 8,05 10,80 13,00 16,65 21,30
Rest Europa 4,50 5,95 8,05 9,35 9,60 10,85
Rest Wereld 6,75 9,00 12,25 13,00 19,95 22,35

This way, only 5 shipping methods would have to be used.
This is not only much easier to maintain, but also easier to see what is missing or wrong.
I think that, at least for Dutch sellers using business PostNL, this could be very welcomed.

Or if you do it a different way that does not include making 50+ shipping methods, but does differentiate, please let me know.

I see the table in the text is garbled up, but there is an png attached with a correct tabel :smile:

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited December 2023 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Looking at the screenshot, you have 5 regions. So would that not just be 5 shipping methods? Then if you have different rates for letters/parcels it would be 10 or 15 methods.

If your postal provider has many different prices for different countries, we would reccomend averaging similar ones into one shipping method. We do not require stores charge exact postal costs.
  • Indeed tabled shipping methods would be great, I have configured more than 50 due to VAT being different for some EU countries:

https://www.stellarbricks.com/page/delivery
  • @Lawrence
    Yes only 5 are visible, but as stated it is only a small part of 1 table.
    There are 40 regions/countries per shipping method, and there are (just for the business options) 5 different options.

And sure, averaging similar ones is an option, but is some cases not doable.
    Looking at the 2024 table (most used in my store) I will have 20 regions/countries. Maybe I can find a few that can be combined after a really good look.

See image for a complete table
  • Understood. We would definitely advise trying to merge and average them. If your store has a large amount of shipping options it makes things slower as any interaction with cart and catalog item pages involves looping the methods to find the cheapest option.
This discussion has been closed.