Customer Claim

This morning I was welcomed by a PayPal complaint from a customer. The customer had ordered from me twice (once in May and once in July). Their first order with my shop was in May and they left me a nice feedback. They ordered again on July 19th and USPS showed the package was delivered to the mailbox on July 24th. They had not provided any feedback or put the order in received state on the more recent order.

The customer is claiming to Paypal that they have not received the package. They never reached out to me OR have lodged a complaint with BrickOwl. Of course because it has been over 4 months there is no longer a record with USPS that it was delivered and the customer used that info in their complaint to PayPal.

I am a customer of PirateShip and that had a record still of the delivery to the customers mailbox. I sent that to PayPal to dispute the claim.

I am interested in what others are doing to help protect themselves from this type of stuff in the future. I feel like if there was an issue the customer should have reached out before going to PayPal. At this time I have not reached out to the customer and just working this through the PayPal system.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I 'print to pdf' every tracking confirmation. Never had reason to use one but it's a quick and easy thing to do. I don't use PayPal so I don't know if they would even accept such proof.
  • I had an overseas customer say they hadn't received an order (new customer for me and new to Brick Owl, so maybe not 100% used to the site), but first I knew of it was a PayPal claim. Apparently they had 'contacted' me through the private order note - which I can't see - and when they didn't get a response they went to PayPal.

Due to the value of the order (very low) I had sent with no tracking, and I did explain that had the customer contacted me in the correct manner I would have been open to a mutually agreed outcome, but no matter as PayPal found in the customer's favor.

I'd like to think there may be a glimmer of hope if you are able to provide some proof of delivery (which obviously I couldn't), so all the best.