Stock takes???

Hi all
I was just wondering how do people go about completing stock takes on their inventory.
I think i need to do one as I am finding I am receiving orders I some parts are missing - which is embarrassing for me and disappointing for customers.
Anyone offer advice please??
Thanks

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have done yearly counts of my inventory. I have tried to skip a year but things always get a little off. But too many lots now to do that so now with used pieces I am either counting the lot when I add more or just deleting all of the piece I am working on and add the original pieces to the ones I am adding. I am trying to do spot checks when pulling orders and correcting the lot then and not waiting later to forget about it

With new pieces, I am checking when pulling orders but can’t really do the other things. So I haven’t came up with anything other than count them or keeping extra on hand
  • Split your storage area down into 12 equal parts, Then do one area per month. Work with what you find and don.t work off your inventory. Once you check an area compare it to your store inventory, but mark in the remarks block you have done it! I’m going to assume here, that all stock has a location, therefore, if you have not put a comment in the remarks block, you have a problem!
  • Forth bridge style. I will check a few drawers sequentially every time I'm in the office, and start at the beginning again as soon as I'm finished.
  • There are order settings that will show you how many parts should be remaining in that bin after you pull them. Where it can get tricky is if you happen to have multiple orders for the same part in the same bin.
  • When I add new inventory I reinventory the bin I'm placing it in, ensuring each bin gets reinventoried at least annually... that definitely limits the missing items from overpulls, typos, etc., though we're all human and unfortunately will still run into this in all likelihood. :-)