negative feedback

hello, I have the following problem, a customer has placed an order with me, paid properly, order is without track and trace code, now the customer has not yet received his order, order was placed on November 11, I sent the order on November 12, but to date the customer has not received his order yet. But now it comes, the customer has now left a negative feedback in my store, which has already cost me a few shopping carts today. I have been in contact with the customer that his order is somewhere with PostNL, I hope. because it is very busy at the postal service, this is the first negative feedback in my store, all other orders went well, the customer does not respond to my emails after he posted the negative feedback, so I think this is costing me customers, how can I solve this? please help please, bricks by rick

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In short, I don't think you can do anything about the negative feedback as I don't think you can remove it (not even sure the customer can remove it, but will be happy to be corrected).

Did the customer contact you first to inquire about the missing order, or have they just posted the negative feedback? In the past when orders have been delayed the customer has always contacted me first and between us worked out a mutual timeline of what happens next (for example, allow another week to see if it arrives and if not I will refund the order).

Obviously I cannot speak for PostNL, but generally are they efficient within the Netherlands or do they have a reputation for late/non delivery? In the UK the Royal Mail won't investigate missing post until 10 days after the due date - does PostNL have a similar policy that you can use so at least you can recoup any financial losses?

Sometimes these are situations you just have to suck up, unpleasant though they may be. Also, how sure are you that your carts have dropped because of this? Have those potential customers been in touch to say this? My carts fluctuate all the time but this could be for other reasons; maybe the parts are cheaper elsewhere, maybe postage costs are cheaper elsewhere.

You have reached out to the customer but if they do not respond then there's probably not much else you can do. We are all at the mercy of whichever company handles shipping and therefore cannot control this aspect.

As long as you've done all you can and been respectful of the customer, that's the main thing. If I was a potential customer and saw the negative feedback I would also see how you responded and make a decision from that - I'm a grown up and know the world doesn't always work perfectly and mistakes and delays happen.

I hope this helps in some small way!
  • Having a negative feedback feels worse than it is. You won't lose buyers over it unless you reply to the feedback in a terrible way. Some buyers will check how sellers reply to negatives and neutrals, and can be lost if they don't like what they see.
  • hello, so the best way to deal with this is not to give feedback and hope that post nl does their job? and when the customer has received his order, ask whether he wants to remove his feedback? regards bricks by rick
  • In all honesty I would have refunded the order at the end of the second week. No domestic order should take that long, unless PostNL have released a public statement saying as such (dealing with strikes for example).

If the buyer's not engaging with your there's not much you can do, but an offer to refund in exchange for them removing their feedback may work? If the order later turns up then it's on their conscience what to do about it.

It's a tough one, it always is when something goes wrong because, as the seller, you're the one who loses out. And there are scammers out there looking for a free lunch, but thankfully almost all buyers are decent people and are just after the Lego they paid for.
  • If they won't remove the negative feedback, you should add a polite response such as "package lost in the mail. sent refund. very sorry." Don't say anything negative like "bad buyer".