purchasing very small amounts...

Newbie here, when I hit "buy wishlist" the first 4 or 5 stores get the majority of my wishlist, but the last few get one or two parts...

Is it in bad form to order these small orders? I mean I'm ordering 50 cents worth of parts...is that bad etiquette on my part?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • No, it is not bad form to me, I welcome orders of all sizes.

I can't speak for other sellers, as we are all independent and have different policies.

Shipping is likely going to cost you more since you will have to order from multiple stores and each store sets their own shipping prices.

As long as you know that going in, I say go for it!
  • Your goal should be to order as much as you can from 1 place to reduce the cost, but when you have to order small amounts because that is your only option, that is not bad etiquette. Just business. A lot of stores have minimum purchase amounts, like my store has a $2 minimum. But there are plenty of stores out there with no minimum buy. Your issue may be that they charge way more in shipping to cover the cost of packaging. You may not be saving anything. Just watch and do some cost comparison.
  • No you order what you want - I know some store have minimum spends I dont but thats a matter of choice by stores. I think and I am sure most sellers agree - an order is an order and I am grateful for all my orders
  • Just from a buyers side - I fully understand the need for a minimum buy and I agree that if someone orders one 0,01€ part, then it is true waste of time and resources.

But then again, I only need this 0,01€ part and nothing else. In this scenario the following things play a role on the outcome:
    - total price with shipping;
    - total price with minimum buy and shipping.
    With the ladder, there is another factor that starts to play a role - achieving this minimum buy. Sadly quite often this results in buying parts, that I don't need and worst case the transportation goes up due to the extra weight - thus rendering the purchase pointless.

Therefor, this has been mentioned in some topic, that to make those one part orders more lucrative to the sellers and beneficial to both parties - there could be a simple feature to just pay for that minimum buy without actually adding any additional parts to the shopping cart. Everyone would be happy.