"Drive Thru" type option for orders??

Hello,

Is there a "Drive Thru" type notification (like in Bricklink) that you can submit in Brick Owl so that the buyer knows you have sent their order? I've been uploading the tracking info into the order screen but I'm not seeing anywhere to notify the buyer. What type of notification do buyers expect??
Thanks!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hello.
    First, welcome to BrickOwl.

The notification is sent automatically when you mark the order as shipped.
    Best way to see what is sent and when is to make an order in your own store and go through the complete proces.
  • @West Michigan Brick the order process is one that you manually have to manage. How many customers notice (or care) and how you define each stage is up to you. In the image attached you can see the stages on each order;

Pending > Payment Submitted > Payment Received is for the most part fairly instantaneous and dealt with automatically (although this will depend on your payment methods).

Processing - personally I mark an order as 'processing' when I have found everything and packed the order, but not sealed the package.

Processed - I tend to leave about a day between the order being placed to being shipped just in case the customer wishes to add any further pieces, but if they don't I will seal the package and mark it 'processed'. This happens literally before I head out to the post office.

Shipped - when I return from the post office (or later in the day if I have other things to do) I will add feedback thanking the customer for ordering and then mark the order as shipped. It is at this point the automated shipping email gets sent. If you add tracking info before marking as 'shipped', I believe this appears in the shipping email.

The entire workflow shows on the order, but I don't skip stages, so I don't know what shows if for example you don't bother updating 'Processing' and 'Processed' and just go straight to 'Shipped'.