Any way to respond to negative feedback?

I'm quite sad.....someone left me negative feedback because they ordered a minifigure (which stated it was the minifigure only and no accessories in the description) and expected the pretzel to come with it:
http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-pretzel-girl-minifigure

Now keep in mind that if they had contacted me, I would have done everything I could to make them happy - but they never even gave me the chance.

I couldn't find any way to respond to this feedback so that other potential buyers could understand the situation. Is there a way to do so?

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Not at the moment, but the best thing to do is to explain the situation to the customer as they may not understand. If the situation is resolved they can then remove the feedback if they wish.
  • I did - but am worried that they won't remove it. I feel it's unfair in a situation like this where I clearly sent them the correct minifigure and the parts sent matched perfectly to the listed inventory.

Is there any way to appeal a negative feedback to have it removed if undeserved?
  • edited March 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Some online sales & auction sites allow you to make a comment about one of your feedbacks received, in the feedback itself...not on the Owl yet?
  • The buyer will not remove it. I had no idea that I wouldn't be able to respond to things like this. I try so hard to make sure buyers are happy (heck - I would have sent her the extra part that wasn't supposed to be included had she contacted me). :-(
  • Frankly if it's that clear cut, where there was a note saying "no pretzel" - this should be removed.
  • We will later allow "responding" to feedback in public, but this has not yet been implemented.
  • To be honest, it's in this cases where I think someone dedicated should review the feedback and perhaps remove it. This is a clear case, maybe have someone dedicated to it. He could contact both parties, make a decision, etc. Something like a 'problems' admin.
  • ^^^ I agree. There should be a way to have unfair feedback removed in cases like this. I sent every part that was ordered - and if a new buyer's expectation is different because they don't know how to use the site and see what parts make up a minifigure, that should not be a penalty against me.
  • ^^^ also agree ^^^. 99.92% doesn't look bad. But if that had happened to me with only 27 feedback it could make things a lot harder.
  • I agree, either make it so a person can add a note to feedback or let people open a dispute where the case can get looked at and negative feedback removed if need be.

Chris
  • The admin told me that they will not remove the feedback. In my opinion, this is a big problem for anyone who wants to sell on this site as more than a hobby. First, competitors could place orders and leave bad feedback. Second, when new people order parts (like in my case) and don't understand what is included in that order (making assumptions instead of looking), sellers have no recourse. I am very saddened by the decision. :-(
  • We stated we will not remove this feedback, not that we do not remove feedback in general. We deal with feedback on a case-by-case basis. If we believed a user purposely left negative feedback to harm a competing seller, we would not allow that.
  • OK - let's try another angle. Can you update any mini-figure in the catalog that normally comes from the collectible series where the "set" includes the accessories and stand to say something to that effect. It needs to be clear to new buyers that the mini-figures themselves are NOT the set and maybe even show a link to the set that includes accessories.
  • As mentioned separately via email, we will be taking steps to avoid confusion like this in the future.