Brick Owl Magic - still/again

Hello, @Lawrence ,

I know this discussion has taken place already, but I'm still missing out on some stores/options. Could we increase the cap to at least 200 stores while selecting a wishlist? I think 300 would be the best in my opinion...

Does this put stress to the server side or user side? If it is just stress on the user side browser, then there could be a simple note that states that there can be a time out or something... If the querie puts stress on the server side database and hinders the webpage for other users, then I am sure that increasing the store count to 200 on Brick Owl Magic doesn't have that big effect - or does it?

With regards,
P6tu

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • While on the subject, why do stores with Min Buy > 48 EUR are excluded from Brick Owl Magic?
  • Lawrence pretty much explained this last time we had this talk. It is simply not possible to have that high numbers of search result / shop result.

And @ForeverSorting the choice to exclude those kinds of stores, were made, because it often is very hard to meet those minimum buy's. Both compared to how much you might buy, but also because the wishlist choose the best stores and prices.
    Hence a minimum buy is often not a good place to shop.
    You should not be forced to buy more than you need.
  • I don't understand the last sentence, because having a Min Buy doesn't force anyone to buy anything.

I get many orders via Rebrickable, so it is good for Rebrickable but not good here?
  • edited November 2023 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sure it does not force anyone.

But in my view, the whole point of selling bricks is to offer that "special" part for the buyer.
    And often when i do my shopping, i have had more than enough of shop declining my order because i did not reach that specific minimum buy amount.

this left me with finding other shops to buy from, or maybe totally lose the sale, because i only needed few special bricks that this particular shop had. But because i needed to buy for a higher amount, i either need to buy something i do not want, or as said, not buy at all.

This is an old topic, but in the end, it was made so that we could single out those shops, as to not buy from them, or have them come up in the wishlist magic.
    More times than not, they ruined the shopping, and made it hard to finish the wishlist.

If it works for you, then i am glad. But i can only imagine that you would have even more customers if you got rid of the minimum buy.
  • The minimum buy exclusion is a good thing/feature.

But in my case, I have an issue, where some shops fall out from that "top 100" due to the lack of wide variety of parts ignoring the fact that they have the parts with a better price.

That is why I am requesting to increase the limit just a little bit, because, yeah - having thousands of stores in the list is a bit useless, but we did have it before so I kind of miss it.

Another way to satisfy me, would be to have the favourite store in first place at all despite the total count of needed available parts. And the other store come after them. Another option would be to add a dislike option of exclude option in the stores, because there are stores that I want to avoid for one or anothre reason, but since they are top stores with wide range of parts, then they always pop up in my wishlist magic.

TL;DR:
    I'd really appreciate it if the 100 limit could be increased (not requesting to remove it, just increasing it). And if the stress on those queries is only on the customer side browser thing, then this might as well be a variable that the user him-/herself sets (be it 25 to what ever amount then).
  • Different buyers have different buying habits and needs. Some want to buy that special part, some want to buy all the parts for that special project, in the few stores possible.

I just don't understand how it would hurt if the stores were included in the same playing level field. If a store has a min buy that doesn't meet your needs, you can simply ignore it. Better yet if you could block a store so it wouldn't appear in your magic wishlist again.

Why not let the buyer make the decision, instead of making the decision for them?

Again, I don't know why it works for Rebrickable and doesn't work here.
  • edited November 2023 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @P6tu we have now added a show more link to increase this to 500 temporarily. In answer to your question, yes, when several users with large wishlists are using the tool it can be resource intensive.
  • Hehe =). One is very pleased =). Can't wish for anything else at this point from that Brick Owl magic =).
This discussion has been closed.