Brickowl Edit Order

Please respond positively, if you would like to see BrickOwl add the feature described below.

Invariably a buyer forgets an item, or maybe even two, but the order is complete, and to add on would typically mean paying double shipping etc. or spending valuable time contacting a seller to arrange adding on to or otherwise editing an order.

Instead, a 15 minute time to click (a new button) "EDIT" (Meaning: Edit My Most Recent Order) then the buyer can add or delete items, and payment will be adjusted at the same time.

It may mean coordinating the order system with a delayed payment for 15 minutes, unless BrickOwl also adds a button that says ORDER IMMEDIATELY, which would automatically bypass the EDIT function.

Hope this idea resonates with all you other owls out there.

Thanks, Greymatters.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Most of the stores support order combining, so you should just be able to immediately place another order, and the system will let you combine it with the existing order. It will hightlight this in the first step of the checkout process if it is available
  • We have to explain the "linked" order concept to customers who have realised they need to add additional parts fairly regularly. Most buyers are not aware of the feature. I don't know what the answer is to make this more prominent.

Fully appreciate why it has been implemented this way from a systems/processing point of view however from an end user journey point of view, the most natural option might be to allow some for of order "edit" option. I would suggest an "Add Additional Parts..." button be made visible on all orders up to the designated stage of processing/processed/shipped etc. This option could always create the "linked" order under the hood initially to save a vast amount of re-engineering?
  • That’s a really good idea. I could put an “add to order” type button on the order details page that explains what they need to do.
  • Just to update you we have now added an "add to order" button on a customer's order history, when the order is illegible to be combined. Hopefully this should make it easier for customers to understand the system.
  • That was quick - thank you! Will be interesting to watch customer behaviour now over the next few months.
This discussion has been closed.