Can US Sellers Use "Ships" Instead of "Dispatches"?

edited July 2013 in General Vote Up2Vote Down
Please don't think me barmy or beastly, but as a US seller, I would fancy "Ships in 2-5 days" instead of "Dispatches in 2-5 days". Although I sell internationally, 70% of my customers are from the USA. Dispatches seems so British, just like loo, tube and queue. A lot of my fellow citizens are pretty blinkered and don't know much about the world. So I would rather use terms more understandable and recognizable to them. In fact, 30% of Americans don't even know the name of our own Vice President. The honour of this favour would be jolly ace mate, or the bees knees. Hope you don't get gutted or cheesed off at me for all these suggestions. I'm chuffed to bits by this smashing place. All is tickety-boo; no faff at all. Ta, cheerio! Time to go knees up, have some nosh and get pissed so I can wake up right knackered in the morning. Thor

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • lol ... splendid post, mate!
  • We will have localisation both for real foreign languages, and also broken versions of languages. So, if you are from an English English place it will show "Colour" and other people will see "Color", but obviously it's not that high on the list at the moment.
  • The first couple of times I read store dispatches in 2-3 days 1-2 days etc. I thought it was saying that was when they were planning to open shop. Then I saw shops that were open and quickly figured what it meant.
    +1 to use ships instead (for US sellers respectfully)
    Katie