Shipping / packeta suggestions

Hi,
recently we have been trying to optimize all the processes in our business and I bring some suggestions for improvement:

1. "Require phone number for shipping address."
Something like this was brought up by BL a while back... Most carriers (DHL, UPS, FEDEX, Packeta) nowadays already require a phone number and we often have to manually contact the customer and ask for their phone number.

2. Implementation of Packeta.com Pick-Up Points
Each customer has to manually enter the pick-up point address into a note and we then have to manually edit and export everything to the carriers.
The customer would have a map at checkout on which to choose a pick-up point according to availability: https://www.zasilkovna.cz/en/pick-up-points

It is not a small carrier, offering tens of thousands of pick-Up points across the EU (see photo).
A large part of our customers ask us for this implementation, because compared to regular e-shops it lags behind.

3. Option to set up COD only with the selected delivery method.

Thank you for everything Lawrence :smile:

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • 1. This has now been implemented

2. Could you give us some more information about what would be involved in this. Is this a case of replacing the normal shipping address with a packeta point? So for example, instead of giving a shipping address, they would click packeta, and choose from a map?

3. Having interlinked requirements so payment methods only apply to certain shipping methods is probably too complex for us to implement at this time.
  • 1. Thank you.

2. Yes, just as you write. Packeta has a widget for this that you just need to implement. The customer chooses from the map in the checkout and the system will get the pick-up point ID.

For ship the package we need:
    - Name
    - Phone number
    - ID of the pick-up point

Here is the API manual: https://docs.packetery.com/01-pickup-point-selection/02-widget-v6.html

I don't know how difficult it is to set up.
    An alternative would be to include a hyperlink to the map in the method description, so the customer doesn't have to find the interface themselves. They'd still have to type the ID or address into the description, which is pretty annoying for both parties, but better than nothing.
    https://widget.packeta.com/v6/

3. I totally understand, no problem.

I appreciate what you do for BrickOwl, thanks! :smile:
  • Understood. Does the choice of a packeta pickup point limit the customers choice of shipping/payment methods? As in, is packeta purely a pickup point, or is it also involved in payment/shipment
  • Packeta supports COD at most of pick-up points. If it is their own pick-up points, COD is always possible.
    If it is a cooperating pick-up points, e.g. German Hermes points, there is no support of COD.

We have COD set only for CZ/SK region, where COD is not a problem. I don't know how many people use it in other regions.

In general COD is rather obsolete, it's just that here in our country people still kind of demand it. We're fine if the COD will be off if it simplifies the situation. Alternatively, you can always limit COD to regions where it's not a problem.
    ---
    I don't know what you mean about the shipping part.
    The pick-up point can always be selected (unless it is full). If it happens to be full, the widget will make sure that the customer chooses another pick-up point.

I can give you our Packeta API ID if you need it...
  • Thank you for the information, I will look at implementing the widget when I get some time and we can see if anything else needs adjusting after
This discussion has been closed.