Add Tracking URL as input field (next to Tracking ID)

I did a suggestion in the past (upvoted 8 times, but closed without implementation) to be able to input the full tracking link instead of a tracking number, where the URL is determined by the shipping method (= carrier) and the URL format for the tracking link is determined by BrickOwl website.

Initially, my request was because I use generic shipping methods ("large parcel", but use different carriers for different countries). This results in a tracking link using the wrong carrier.
The workaround suggested by Lawrence, was to create shipping methods for all carriers, change the shipping method after the order was placed to the correct carrier. A somewhat cumbersome, but still manageable workaround.

Today, a customer asked "where is my order" (note: that line is the actual full message of the customer, no more, no less). I did enter the tracking code to the order and made sure the correct carrier is selected.
But the tracking link is not correct. The customer sees a (Dutch) landing page, where he has to enter the tracking code, the destination country and hit "submit". After that step, the tracking is shown.
For a non-Dutch speaking customer, this might be too much. Even when the language wouldn't be a barrier, I like to be as customer friendly as I can and avoid extra steps by the customers.

My suggestion - for another reason as the previous time: please allow us to either add a Tracking ID and/or a full tracking URL to the order. It would make it easier for both buyer as seller, and probably for the technical maintenance of BrickOwl too (as it avoids to maintain all different carriers and their tracking URL formats).

Comments

This discussion has been closed.