Order pending, payment received on Paypal

Not sure if this is an issue with the site or some other strange situation.

We offer Paypal onsite payment as well as interac e-transfer which is an offsite payment method.

Twice today, we received an order that was 'awaiting payment'. I checked and both had paypal as a payment method.

Confused, I went to check my paypal account and in both cases the payments had been received.

I set both orders as 'payment received' so that they will be processed by the order pickers but I was wondering what caused this.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I've just experienced the same.
    Payment is showing in PayPal,but pending on Brick Owl.
  • It sounds like PayPal are having trouble with their payment notification system. This seems to happen every few years. Hopefully they will resolve it.
  • There are a few possible reasons why your order might be pending on Brick Owl even though the payment has been received on PayPal.

It may take some time for the payment to process. Brick Owl may not receive the notification that the payment has been processed from PayPal immediately. This is usually only a temporary issue, and the order status should update within a few hours.

There may be a problem with the Brick Owl website. If there is a technical issue with the Brick Owl website, it may not be able to accurately process payments. If you have waited several hours and the order status has not updated, you can try contacting Brick Owl support to see if they are aware of any issues.

The payment may have been flagged for review by PayPal. If PayPal suspects that the payment is fraudulent or suspicious, they may flag it for review. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as if the buyer is using a new PayPal account or if the payment is for a large amount of money. If the payment is flagged for review, it may take several days for PayPal to process it.

If you are concerned about your order, you can contact Brick Owl support to inquire about its status. They should be able to tell you why the order is pending and provide you with an estimated time frame for when it will be processed.