4070 Headlight brick variants

I was listing headlight bricks on my store today and was wondering whether there was any interest for removing the slot variant of this part. I think this variant is irrelevant, because it does not change the functionality of the part, nor does it majorly alter the aesthetics of the part. I think the slot version should be removed and the listings migrated to the normal version. It is not worth the time for stores to try to distinguish this variant or for shoppers to try to figure out whether it matters. A similar operation has been done on Bricklink in recent years with no adverse affects. Another thing to add is that when you look at these parts close up, it seems that it's less of a mold variant and more of a spectrum, which means it is sometimes impossible to say for certain whether it has a slot or not. This is why some stores, (including mine), already don't distinguish between either variant.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • As a buyer, yeah, for that part this is truly irrelevant. And sometimes this causes more issues, than help, since sometimes in my build I list the old type part to my wishlist and when buying, then sometimes I discover by accident that this part wasn't purchased simply because the store differentiates mold variations...