Price History & Item/Store Visibility

When looking at an item's Price History (in this case set 60194) I see that there are 5 items for sale under Current. When I view all countries/all stores, I only see 3 stores (myself being one, and 2 others in Canada). What I found odd is that the Maximum and Average were higher than the Canadian stores, so I assume the other 2 are listed much higher but I can't even see them.

A few questions:
-Do we only see stores that will ship to you?
-If above is not true, is it that the Current price history also includes inventory that is in a store's inventory but the For Sale is unchecked? Or does it include inventory of stores that are currently closed? Or is it something else entirely?
-If it is the first point, is there a way for sellers to be able to view all listings? I'd like to know for example what the US or EU sellers are listing items for because I sell to their countries, even if they don't sell to me in Canada. It's important to be able to understand the worldwide availability for certain items.

Thank-you! :smile:

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In answer to your first question I think it's a fair bet that you can only see stores that ship to you. I can see the two other Canadian stores, but not yours as you don't ship to the UK. Likewise they are the only ones I see, so if we are to assume that each store has one set each, then those two others do not ship to either Canada or the UK and I would guess they only ship domestically.

I'm not sure there is an easy way to see all the stores including those that don't ship to you. You could change your store settings to 'fake' being in another country so that potentially they do show up (the US and Germany would be good candidates to try first), but this could become quite a tedious task.

I agree that it might be useful to see these stores, even if they don't ship to you, but maybe this default is in place to simplify things for the customer.
  • Mine disappeared today as it sold since then (which is what drew me to noticing that discrepancy). I don't think I'd want to tinker with my store address but I agree that I think it's specifically setup from a buyer perspective. I wasn't sure if there was an advanced setting that I was supposed to enable to see it (and it would be disabled by default for buyers).