Referral/affiliates + coupons QR

Hi again! I've got some more feature requests 😁

1. How/is it possible to set up affiliate links like rebrickable? I'm thinking of working with some influencers for promoting my retail/brickowl/whitelabel shop, but also potentially Brickowl as a whole and i'm thinking:
A. a % of the order placed
B. If people place an order through the link, they get free shipping and/or a fixed fee for the influencer, for example
C. That it might be great to promote Brickowl as a whole. If people stick around and buy something else from another shop, it might be cool to get a cut.

2. Coupons
If affiliate links would be too complicated, maybe influencer-specific coupons would be an easier alternative for my shop only?

Features/Requests:
A. It'd be great if they can apply to certain regions/countries (just like when selecting countries in the shipping options).
I have segmented several national markets i want to target, with different discounts suitable for them, based on item category/location
B. I read somewhere that universal discount codes on BO have a QR link? Is that true? I can't seem to find the option.
C. Would coupon LINKS be an option? Meaning: if the person opens the link and has an account at BO, they get a coupon aplied to my store/the store that generated the link. If they don't bave an account, they can create an account and get the coupon upon creation of the account.
(P.S. This could work wonderful as an affiliates program for new customers as well, i believe? For example - half/third of the Brickowl comission from the first order goes to the account that generated the link)

To be fair, i don't know how complicated any of these would be to implement. I'm super open to continuing the conversation!

I think this would be great for all parties involved - Brickowl growing, influencers making a few bucks, sellers getting more sales.

Looking forward to your input!

Sincerely,
Viktor

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Oh, forgot one thing:
    When talking coupons and not afiliate programs, some transparency and reporting would be great. Meaning that i would like to add a suggestion D under 2. Coupons:
    - report on coupon (link?) performance - people clicked, people registered, people bought, sum they bought for, dates of purchase, total sum paid, % cut of total if option chosen
  • These are really great suggestions. I'm not sure how easy they are to do, but the whole idea of affiliate marketing is a big one. You're definitely coming into all of this with a great marketing mindset. I'm not sure how much marketing BrickOwl does in the background with Google etc... but leveraging stores that actively engage with larger platforms or influencers can be a fantastic way to drive traffic as whole to the platform.
  • There's a lot there that hasn't been implemented, but I believe you can track where an order has come from. If, in your marketing, you include ?ref=facebook at the end of the link to your store, the order will show that it came from a facebook referral. Obviously you can change the ref to whatever, so mc12 (marketing campaign no. 12) or whatever would work.

I can't remember if it's ?ref= or ?referral=

There used to be a thread about it but it seems to have been purged. Maybe admin can confirm.
  • It is with ?utm_source=facebook
  • ^^ that's it, thanks.
  • Thanks for your input guys! My background is in marketing/sales, so it's my way of thinking. Just haven't had the time to prepare for proper scaling until now, though i've been considering these suggestions for a while.
    I have some meetings with local influencers next week, so i wanna tell them if it's an option - thankfully they approached me after the launch of the retail shop and not the other way around 😁
    Ok, so if i put that at the end of the link to my brickowl / whitelabel shop " ?utm_source=facebook " or
    " ?utm_source=influencer1 " , where will i be able to see that it came from a specific campaign/source?
    In the order details?
    Have you tried this before yourselves?
    @Stellar @Hoddie
  • edited September 2023 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes I've used it before, the referral source is shown on the list of orders, and on the order pages for those orders it applies to. You can test it out yourself by placing and then cancelling an order (using a link you've placed on another page).
  • Just found time to test the ?utm_source approach - works fine! Thanks @Hoddie and @Stellar !

@Lawrence any feedback on the other suggestions? I have no idea how complicated / feasible they would be to implement, so open to hearing your thoughts!
    P.s. I wasn't as concentrated when writing them out, nor are they as fleshed out as last week's suggestions, but if something is unclear - just let me know and i'll elaborate gladly!
  • I've now started working with the first few influencers with what the platform offers. However, they pretty much asked me about the same things.

Is it possible to get a short answer of yes/no/maybe?

Thanks in advance! 😊
  • Those aren't things we want to implement at this point in time. You can use the existing utm_source or coupons to keep track of usage. We don't have QR Codes.
  • Thanks for the confirmation!
This discussion has been closed.