Non replying buyer

Hi, I just had a new order, where I told the buyer if they had seen the item was damaged, and scratched. I got a reply, but before I began to pack the order, I found out the item had a slightly sun damage, yellow spots. I have contacted the buyer but no reply.
What would you do?
Ship out the item?
Wait until an reply, and refund if you havn't got any reply from the buyer?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Well it is always a nice service to write to the buyer.
    But if they have not answered you within days, i would ship the order.

If anything maybe write a little note and place it with the Lego, giving the buyer an opportunity to contact you when they get the Lego. That way you would know you at least had tried your best :-)
  • Not sure of the value of the part, but you could always order that part from another store and have it shipped to your customer. Luckily I've only had to do it a few times, but my customers have always appreciated that I took a step to get them the part they ordered.
  • I would send a message along the lines of I have notice that part X is not in very good condition, would you prefer I refund the part and post out the order or would you prefer I source an alternative?

If no reply in 48 hours I would send another message Hi, I'm keen to get your parts to you as quickly as possible. Did you have any thoughts on my previous message? If I don't hear otherwise by tomorrow I will assume you are Okay with a refund of the damaged part and will send the rest of the order to you.

If they aren't replying you are going to need to take action one way or another, if you give them a choice and they don't take it, then you can take the appropriate steps knowing you have given them all the options.
  • I found a solution with the costumer