Bar 1L with Clip - New Mold Variations

Hello,

I am pretty sure that up until recently, there were two variations of this item:

- Bar 1L with Clip (with hole on side)
- Bar 1L with Clip (without hole on side)

However, our recent order included: Bar 1L with Clip (without Gap in Clip) (3484/48729), which we have never had in our inventory. Upon closer inspection of the catalog entry, it appears that the mold variations have been updated, and they now include:

- Bar 1L with Clip (with Gap in Clip)
- Bar 1L with Clip (without Gap in Clip)

(Attached image for reference)

It's worth noting that our store officially doesn't differentiate between these mold variations in our listings. However, when we are certain that we stock a particular variation, we add a public note to inform our customers. In this case, we labeled it as "Without hole on side." I suppose the buyer had a particular variation in mind (Without Gap in Clip ) but we can't fulfill that request, unfortunately.

While we understand that catalog entries may evolve over time, it would be greatly appreciated if we could receive advance notifications about such changes. This would enable us to review and adjust our inventories accordingly. Please feel free to share any thoughts or suggestions on this matter.

Best regards,

PikkaBrikka

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm glad it wasn't just me then! I too had an order recently where I'm convinced it was 'without hole' but on contacting the customer to say I didn't have any (thanks to a miscount on my part), it seemed to switch to 'without gap' almost overnight.

I've amended my inventory accordingly, but I agree some advance notice of description changes would be appreciated, as we do for mold variations, but would understand if this is not a workable process.
  • edited August 2023 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I did change the variations.

"without hole in side" became "without gap in clip"
    "with cut edges and hole on one side" became " with gap in clip"

My understanding was that these descriptions would apply to the same items, as in, the clips with the hole in the side are also the ones with the gap in clip. Is this incorrect?

We do send a notification when we change an item from not being a variant, to becoming a variant. In this case I assumed the descriptions would relate to the same items, so no action would be needed, so I didn't send any notification.
  • The 'with hole' variant exists in both types.
  • So is there no “without hole in side” at all?
  • http://v4ei.com/brickref/48729v41005.php

There is now a newer clip 3484 which doesn't have the notch at the base of the claw. The hole in the side of the bar has moved up towards the claw. See attached.
  • There are 3 versions:

- without hole and with notch
    - with hole and notch
    - with hold and no notch

When they were separated by hole, two versions were okay. If you want to differentiate by notch/no notch, you should probably create a third mould version as people will still expect a with hole/without hole choice.

Rebrickable shows all three:
    https://rebrickable.com/parts/?q=bar 1l with clip