Listing Prices

Hi,
Why do some sellers bother to sell items with 3 decimal points but when invoiced it rounds up to next 2 points. For instance if an item is selling for 0.095 it rounds up to 0.10 on the invoice then multiplies by the quantity ordered. All it does is pushes that seller up further in the listing. In my opinion this is a totally unacceptable practice and admin should ban it.

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • As far as I know the rounding for the invoice is done after multiplying the unit price by the ordered qty.
  • I tried it with several sellers. Only today I wanted to order 18 pieces at .188 but the seller's invoice shows the unit price at .19 and the total as £3.42 when it should be £3.384 rounded up to £3.39. I know it is only pennies but with large quantities and hundreds of parts listed showing 3 decimal places those pennies add up. Having tried it with a few sellers I have come to the conclusion that this is a system issue and admin should respond with comment.
  • It may be a calculation error in the cart, but the invoices work the way you'd expect. They multiply the quantity by the three-decimal cost, and then each lot is added together and only then, at the total stage, is rounding applied.
  • edited July 2023 Vote Up0Vote Down
    There was indeed an issue in the cart, with how the total was displayed on the line items. If there is still an issue, if you could please post a link and a screenshot we can look into that further.

We support pricing with three decimal places, so sellers are of course allowed to use this
  • I tried it with several sellers. Only today I wanted to order 18 pieces at .188 but the seller's invoice shows the unit price at .19 and the total as £3.42 when it should be £3.384 rounded up to £3.39. I know it is only pennies but with large quantities and hundreds of parts listed showing 3 decimal places those pennies add up. Having tried it with a few sellers I have come to the conclusion that this is a system issue and admin should respond with comment.
  • Something fishy going on here. The cart I had in question is now showing each line with the correct extended calculations. ??????
  • You keep mentioning invoice, are you actually seeing an invoice (after placing an order) or just a store's cart?

Lawrence says there was an issue but doesn't say if it was fixed today. If it was, perhaps there was a caching issue with some of your carts but now that you've seen a change maybe it's now resolved?
  • The cart is still messed up with regards to the 3 decimal places being inconsistent from the product page to the cart page. The cart is showing two different values for a single item. Unit price and subtotal columns do not agree. Please see attached.
  • Could that be a currency conversion thing? Two slightly different conversion calculations?
  • When I say invoice, I mean the calculations on the cart page, which is basically a proforma invoice.
    Lawrence needs to confirm whether the issue was fixed yesterday.
  • When Stellar (based in Canaria) responded, I based in the UK went on to his shop and his calculations on the cart page also had the same issue that mfav is raising. So I think Hoodie is correct it must be a currency conversion.
  • @mfav thank you for pointing that out, that should now be resolved. Please let me know if not
This discussion has been closed.