Differentiation

Is there any reason why the difference between these two parts are not listed on the site. Seems odd that you list headlights with slots or no slots. And lots of other parts are all listed under one item. As these are.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Seems to be just one of those things. BL mention the variant (apparently there is a third with a hole through the pin), but don't have separate listings themselves. I had a look at a couple of the store list pages but none that I glanced at appeared to note the difference.

As you mention, the old headlight is a prime example of two listings for what should arguably be one; the slot in the headlight does not materially alter its functionality.

As far as the bogie plate is concerned there is an argument to split on a design difference, but if the semi-circular ridges make no difference to the usage...

You could list them as two separate lots, one with the ridges, one without (with public notes on both) which at least clarifies to the customer what they're getting.
  • @Jay37 thank you for your information. I have listed them as separate items.