No sales - Is there something wrong with my store?

Hello!
I'm a recent store owner on Brickowl. I opened my other store on Bricklink initially, where i've gotten some sales already.
However here on Brickowl it is still quiet.

When i look at my store settings, there have been over 350+ store views with 3 active carts.
But the orders remain absent.

Can you find any reasons why this is? Am I doing something wrong? Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
The_Brick_Doctor

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have over 13k items with 2500+ unique lots.

Just for reference.
  • I have 180K+ parts and almost 12k lots, only 7 orders this month...it's called summer...
  • I can only see 'request a quote' as a postage option for me. If you don't have postage rates set up so people can see what they are paying before they buy, it will put a lot off.
  • You have some shipping methods with incredibly small dimensions, maybe you're putting cm into a setting expecting mm?
  • @Brick_qc Yeah i know, but something seems of...
    @Hoddie thanks for pointing this out! Fixed it!
    @White Horse Bricks The weird thing is that I have a lot of options available, but it seems that request a quote still remains the only option available. Can I disable that?
  • I have made some addition to my shipping options. Could someone please try it out if everything works please?
  • The 'total dimensions limit' here still doesn't look right:
  • You also have some methods marked as being for collection, when they're not for collection. Additionally, you have some with a minimum order subtotal limit, which prevents them being shown for anything under that amount
  • no orders here since the 14th (in the UK) Fingers crossed its summer not the cost of living at present.
  • @Hoddie Thanks for pointing that out! Had a second look at my dimensions and corrected them all.
    @Lawrence Deleted that option, thanks for making it known to me! Also erased the minimal order as it is not that relevant at the moment.
    @Miniadventureworld yeah i hope the same, lets see and wait.
  • It is also the slowest time of year, so might need a bit of patience, folks. :-)
  • Yeah my orders are lower than usual - steady but lower. Everyone out enjoying the sunshine B)
  • Good Luck in your ventures with your BrickOwl store. Hang in there and I am sure that things will take off. It is slower than usual as everyone has said, but this is a good time to get ready for the busy time.

I am still new (10 months), but learning everyday. My first few months were light, but now we are averaging about 20 orders a month. What helped my store grow at the beginning was that I had some things that people were looking for. I inherited some old legos from the 80's and 90's. There were some classic space, Futuron, and M-Tron sets in there. Those parts got interest and from there I added a lot of Star Wars Clone Troopers. There is also someone looking to build an army. Also, I tried to keep my prices on the lower end in the beginning to get people to come and take a look.

As you start to get business (I know that you will) you can add more inventory and attract more people.

Once again like a lot of folks on this site, we are pulling for your store to be successful. Welcome to the family and good luck.

BucketHead Bricks
  • Thanks everyone for the kind words and reassurance! @WESTIEKATH @Calibrick @shawndev