Instructions in Set or Not?

Are the Instructions assumed to be included in the Sets or should they be listed separately in BO?
All my sets come with Instructions.
Thank you.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • However you decide to list sets should be clearly communicated to the customer. There are a number of viewpoints as to what constitutes 'complete' or 'incomplete'. Many of the sets I sell are in various conditions, but I will always explain what is and isn't present. Personally if you have instructions I'd include them and say they're included. If you choose to list them separately that's fine, but state in the set note that they are not included.
  • As a buyer, then if it has been stated that the set is complete, then I concider it to have everything it had when it was bought from the store (that includes box, all parts, spare parts, instructions and other booklets).

But this is not how everyone sees it. So for the sake of clarity, it is very nice for sellers to advertise it seprately what is included and this means that to write in the ad, what all is included. And even better, if it has been written, what is not included.
  • From the help pages
    https://www.brickowl.com/help/item-conditions
    Used (Complete)
    It should include all of the parts that came with the original set in used condition. Unless otherwise stated on the condition notes, this should also include everything the original set would have, including instructions, sticker sheets, box.

Only strange thing here (for a used set) is (imo) "sticker sheets"
    Most times the stickers will be put on the parts, so I think it would be better to state that either the stickered parts, or the sheet should be present.

But this is the rule that sellers should follow :smile:
    But yes it would be good for a seller to mention it anyway :)
  • My store centers around selling sets.

I must admit i did not know the "complete" was with everything as a set.
    But no matter what, for me, complete is with at least all parts and if present stickers, either applied or as a sheet.

Apart from that, i will always write something in the notes for the "product" so the buyer is completely sure as to what is being bought.
    For instance as the topic, is it with or without instructions, original box or without. Then you are sure to communicate what you have for sale to the buyer :-)
  • For me it the instructions that make a set. Without them it's just a bunch of parts.

I wouldn't expect the extra parts with a used set, but definitely the instructions, and I would expect to see if the box were included or not.
  • I agree with most of the others that have posted. I assume that a completed set includes all the parts, stickers, box and instruction booklet. If it is a complete used set as a seller I will always specify whether the stickers are applied or on the sticker sheet still. If I don’t have the instructions or box then in my mind the set is incomplete as a seller we must specify what is missing to let the buyer decide if they are okay with that.