Michele Mouton

So I was just admiring my Lego collection and then at the same time had some rally show running on TV and then came to a discovery that I have an Audi Quattro (76897) set with the regular minfig included in the set while there is an actual other driver (real world driver) for the set which would be awesome - to have two racers in the car and then... BAM, the Michele Mouton minifig costs A LOT. OK, checking the image - no special pieces, I could build it, BUT, really, is the cost of this Michele Mouton minifig just in the packaging or what makes that so special? I don't see any special parts used in the Michele Mouton minfig that would make it rare. Only the fact that it was given away in Spain in limited quantities, but nothing else exceptional.

So could someone comment, why is the so called official Michele Mouton set so expensive and what would be different, if I'd just get the head and hairstyle piece for the regular Audi driver?

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think if I recall there were less than 100 (maybe as low as 50) of this set made and only given away as a promotional item in Spain. I think you also had to prove you already owned set 76897 to enter. I am sure the packaging is the main reason this fig is so expensive.

You alright that it looks like you could probably build the mini-fig itself on the cheap, which I might do now that you brought it up.