Export Tax

Ok just wondering about this but why are some orders I receive liable for export tax (ioss) but others from the same country are not. At first I thought it might be the value of the order but no this has been disproved. Anyone like to help me figure this one out please ;)

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Normally with tax it depends on the amount bought for.

At least here in Denmark, we get additional tax when a "package" is over 80 DKK.
  • These are the scenarios I could think of:

(1) Orders above a certain value (€150 I think) are still dealt with the old way, in other words they are shipped without destination country VAT being paid, and the buyer is asked to pay at or before the point of delivery.

(2) Some small parts of EU member countries are considered non-EU for some EU rules. I'm not sure if the 2021 VAT rules are one of them, but places like Büsingen am Hochrhein in Germany, Livigno in Italy and Ceuta in Spain are usual suspects for such oddities.

(3) The goods are VAT exempt - books perhaps, or maybe second-hand goods. The rules on such things vary between member states but BO may have integrated that level of detail.

(4) I don't know if BO collects US taxes but I think there are still a couple of states that don't yet impose that obligation.

Maybe give us a couple of examples, just the town, country and order value should be enough.
  • The value differs and is set by county according to my knowledge. In Estonia it was 50€ for example. If the cost (with transportation) is more than 50€, then it is eligible for taxation.
  • Every order that I have had from the eu regardless of value has had vat added. Or order I have made from the eu has had vat added.
  • Thank you all - I was just wondering :)