Part differences

Hi all the catalogue does not differentiate between these two pieces. Can anyone help the one on the left is stand 92582. The one on the right is stamp 53968. Which ever number I put in to search come up with the same parts as always your help is always much appreciated.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It seems that there is sometimes no rhyme or reason as to whether a mold variation deserves (or requires) a separate catalog entry. Headlight bricks are arguably one such part whose difference (slot or no slot) has no apparent bearing on functionality, and simply having one catalog entry would make sense.

In your query I honestly didn't know there was this difference, and as both here and BL make no distinction I'm guessing the function of the part is not radically different (although the presence of the indent would suggest this prevents wear from a connecting hinge part).

If it was something you wanted to flag up to customers you could add a public note explaining they may end up with either variant, and if they want a specific one to get in touch.
  • @Jay37 thanks for your input. I will list them separately. As I have with other items that I have customers that have asked for the different types that are not differentiated on the site. As always, your help is much appreciated.