Is it even worth the effort?

I'm not a business. I'm just one person with one Lego box set to sell. I'm not active in any Lego "communities" and I don't know where they all hang out.

theplasticbrick never replies to my sell requests.
ebay requires a direct bank account number, which I will not give.
bricklink won't let you become a seller until you become a buyer, which defeats the point.
brickowl's "add shipping method" dialog is so complex I am lost from the first dropdown field ("band type"!?) all the way to the mandatory "zone" fields. Plus everything in between. (I select "fedex" and I still have to make up a name for it, too?) And I'm not sure about anything else. Seems like they require KYC identification, too, which I'm not sure I want to provide. (KYC is the death of e-commerce.)

I feel like the computer should figure out all the shipping automatically based on country restrictions, shipper, and ZIP code. My input should be far, far less. Even if I was a professional business my time would be more valuable than decoding USPS zone spreadsheets on behalf of fedex (?) to satisfy webmonkey mandates.

Is it worth all the effort? Is there a better guide for setting up a store on this site? For reference, I was even lost on this forum page:
https://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/comment/58953?t=1685236038754&remote=https://www.brickowl.com/forum&locale=

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If all you want to do is sell one box, then this kind of marketplace is probably not the easiest way to do it.

Here (and Bricklink) are really geared to making repeated sales and there is some work involved in getting set up.

Also, selling one box piecemeal will take a significant amount of time. Your parts will be competing against stores with hundreds of thousands, or millions of parts. You won't appear on many people's wanted lists with a small inventory, and sales are likely to be slow.
  • Craigslist or a local Facebook group.