Brickowl and Bricklink

First of, if it is against the rules to talk about another lego selling site, feel free to notice me and delete this.

My question is simple though.
I have started to sell sets on bricklink, but in doing so, i have seen that my prices needed to be reduced so much, in a way that i got confused. It is almost on everything i am selling, but also just in general, the prices at bricklink on sets is so cheap compared to brickowl, i got confused as to how there can be such a big difference.
And of cause if i am selling at a too high price!

As a standing price finding statistic, i always look upon others, and the current price, if any, and then set my prices after that.
But are there any thoughts about this and between these 2 sites ?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hello,

I've had a similar topic in the past. As I am hunting some specific sets, then it also has come to my attention that regarding sets, the price differences are quite big when compared to these two sites. I do not know the reason, but it is a sad thing in sense that I am doing those "big spendings" on BL rather than BO. With spares it is a bit different.

BTW, I see that you have made statements in my OP in the past =):
    https://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/14225/high-prices-on-used-sets

With regards,
  • As always - examples are good. Just a week ago I purchased two sets:
    https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-front-end-loader-set-8439 - I got a set in good condition with good condition instructions + new sticker sheet for 80€.
    https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-super-street-sensation-set-8448 - yeah, unfortunately no sets for sale in here :( ... But got the full set, box, all parts for all models and everything in good condition - 110€.
    I must admit that I do have alerts on and when there is a specific set with everything in there and in good condition and the price is below average, then, if possible, I'm going for it.
  • Ha damn, should have search before i posted. Did not do that this time. But at least i am not alone in my thoughts. And i am not sure about what "extra cost" you can put on the bricklink site, but at least, my main focus as well is on brickowl.
  • I sell on both sites. But what you would pay for it here, is the same you would pay there. Thanks to inventory programs such as Brick Freedom. The only difference you would see would be the shipping cost. My shipping cost is touch higher here because I have a lower minimum buy.
  • I do my best to purchase the vintage sets I'm after here on Brickowl. But the selection is much more varied on the other site, with many more sets available, so the prices tend to be lower (if the set is even offered for sale here in the first place). If the prices were even close to equivalent for the same condition set I'd buy it here, but in my experience so far that's rarely the case. For newer sets (last 5 years or so), it's not so much of an issue.

For loose parts I buy exclusively here, except for those vintage stickered assemblies that have not yet made it to the BO catalog...