neutral / negative feedbacks on customers, too!

Hello,
I was advised to suggest something about feedbacks on customers...
The thing is, I, as a store owner, may receive neutral or negative feedbacks, but I don't get why I can only leave positive feedback on customers??
So customers can have a look on stores, but store owners, who spend so much time updating their stores and selling, and from whom Brickowl gets fees, are not able to see if customers are good or dishonest people?
On other websites, it is possible, and I find it really fair as sometimes customers are really dishonest or even psychos and it's been happening a lot more recently.
why on earth would stores be the only ones who get bad feedbacks, as customers are a real pain in the ass too, sometimes?
I suggest store could leave neutral or negative feedbacks, too, as it would only be fair
Who agrees on this?
xx

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • No, because unscrupulous sellers will use the threat of leaving negative feedback to force buyers to agree to things they otherwise would not. BL has lost a lot of customers to BO because of the way some sellers have behaved on that platform. It's the exact same reason why Ebay doesn't allow sellers to leave negative feedback.

And buyers pay BO's fees, indirectly via sellers - much like sales tax is paid to the government by consumers, indirectly via retailers.

Buyers are far more important than sellers.
  • I still disagree as there should be the same pressure put on sellers as on customers, it's only a question of equality;
  • BL offers the feedback system you want, go there...

It's not a question of equality, it's a question of integrity.
  • Nope.
    Do you know any store owner who'd have time and energy to waste on filling a report on a customer? like easily, without having to spend so much time on it?
    I don't.
    And I don't have time to waste on this, updating my store, preparing and shipping orders does already take a lot of time to do.
  • edited April 2023 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Your terms suggest you pass PayPal fees on which is not allowed by Brick Owl or your contract with PayPal (https://www.paypal.com/fr/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_FR#rules). Your terms also encourage buyers to pay by Friends & Family, also against your PayPal agreement. They also mention BL several times which suggests you're not invested in the BO platform being anything other than moulded to serve the processes you're already familiar with. The information on your delivery page also says you're not responsible if orders go missing in the post, unless the buyer purchases insurance. Also not correct.

Given all the above, could any of us be sure that neutral or negative feedback you choose to leave would actually be justified?
  • You can't compare the two. It's tempting to do, but they are something different.

The shop rating has a purpose. It helps building trust for potential buyers. So if your store has +90%, it helps as a conversion optimizer. It helps us, store owners, to keep motivated in and keep good customer relations.
    It also helps keeping the marketplace free of scammer shops, since they would have nearly only negative feedback and will be more visible to the platform administrators.

The customer rating in the other hand has no purpose. When the customer orders and pays, the shop is obligated to complete the order. There is no (legal) possibility to decide not to complete the order based on the customer's rating.
    The only purpose I see for customer rating, is a way for saying "Thank you for your order" (which is always positive).

Since this situation of marketplaces is slightly different (many-to-many transactions), I would be in favor of an option to silently indicate if an order/customer ended "unexpected" (parcel never arrived, refund demanded, ...) or "bad" (unreasonable demands, impolite, unfair, ...). This information can not be public for other store owners, but it might be (very) useful for the marketplace platform owner (BrickOwl). It might get insight in patterns with some customers, that have an above average of those kinds of orders. And just like scammer shops are detected, it could help detect scammer customers.
  • ^^ regards your last paragraph - that already exists on BO and a summary of the information is visible to sellers, but it relies on sellers reporting issues.
  • Nice! Never noticed it and wasn't aware we could indicate those things under the "Report an issue" issue types. Will start using it!
  • I've thought about this quite a bit since joining brickowl, and I think it is best this way. I have seen many users on bricklink being hesitant to give a store a justified neutral or negative because of fear of feedback retaliation. The method here removes that fear and allows a more honest view of sellers, in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.