Stupid question about capes

This is a stupid question I know but how do i measure the cape. I have a cape here which i believe is owned by Frodo but in the picture the cape looks much shorter than the one I have!!
I have measured it (by the way I measure) and it appears correct. So the cape measures 3 x 3.8 cms - am I correct in thinking the 3cms is the length and the 3.8cms is the longest width at the bottom of the cape?
Stupid question i know but just want to make sure :o
Thanks

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited April 2023 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I assume it's the dark stone gray (99464) one as there is another dark green one that doesn't seem to have dimensions (although there is a dark green one of 99464 that also comes with a Frodo figure!) I would agree that the longer measurement is across the wider base, and the shorter measurement is from the base to the neck holes.
  • @Jay37 - again thank you - yes it is Dark stone grey. Just not sure about this as I said in the picture the cape looks really short!! When you say the neck holes do you mean the very bottom of the hole? Sorry ANOTHER STUPID question!!
  • No, the top of the neck holes (so imagine the holes aren't there and you have an unholed (!) rhombus (?), so measure vertically from long edge to short edge. I used to have one for sale, but no longer, so can't double check.
  • "The only stupid question is the question that goes unasked." ;-)
  • @Calibrick thanks i know but sometimes i feel so stupid when I should know the answer :(