collection point address suggestion

Hello,

I would like to suggest the following:

I offer different shipping options, with the option of sending directly to a collection point.
9/10 of my buyers who make this choice do not report to me which collection point this should be. I always have to ask this. Some respond immediately, others only after a few days. Some not at all where I make a choice myself.

There are different addresses, home address, PayPal address, billing address or create additional addresses. Maybe create a specific address for one or more collection points?
Even more, that this option is only visible with this shipping option. The seller could check this on with the option that includes the option of a collection point. The buyer is then obliged to create such an address (if this has not already been done) or to provide it when checking out, so that it becomes mandatory for the buyer to fill it in.

Some e-shops (not here on BL) already offer this, by choosing the carrier, where you can choose this directly. (DPD, Bpost, UPS)
No idea if it can be brought in via the carrier.

;)
Stefaan

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What's the difference between a collection point address and a shipping address?
  • Hello

The difference is, among other things, cheaper. But also if the buyer does not have to go to a collection point at home.

I ship a lot to France via carrier Mondial Relay. This only goes to a collection point (point relais), they do not deliver to a home address (French members correct me if I'm wrong).

For my own country, Belgium, we can set up a Bpost account to where all traceable shipments (via Bpost) must be delivered (Bpost automat, Bpost office, grocery shop or an address at work).
    (Bpost national postservice).

;)
    Stefaan
  • But it's still just the address that you're shipping to? So maybe you don't need a separate address, just a flag on the shipping method so that a shipping address must be input at checkout?
  • Hello,

Right, we ship directly to the address of the collection point. Either add an alternate address or enter one address at a time. Of course, if it is always the same address, it is better to store it in your addresses.
    Currently in my shop it is so when checking out that this is on the info banner to inform me of the collection point, but not everyone reads it.

in the field of such an address we need the following:
    buyer's name
    name of the collection point / shop / post office
    address (street, nr, zip code, city)
    but also e-mail and telephone or mobile number.

(we already have some info from the buyer)

;)
    Stefaan
This discussion has been closed.