To stick or not to stick

Hey all.

Quite simple, sorting a new batch of bricks, and some have stickers on them. Mostly fine, and with no damage.
BUT would it be better to sell the brick without the sticker, or are there more sale with the specific brick, if it has a sticker on it ?

What do you do?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If the stickers are good (and even if they're not quite placed correctly - after all, the majority are likely to have been applied by children!) then I list for sale. Vintage parts are likely to show their age but still worth adding.

If the sticker is badly damaged or barely clinging on, then it comes off. The only slight issue here is that you may end up with a part that has a small pristine patch with no damage, be it physical or sun discoloration, but the rest does. At that point it has minimal value, especially if it can't be used for internal structures.

So for me, a sticker adds some 'worth' (not necessarily monetary), but removing it can either increase or decrease that worth, and that's a decision only you can make.
  • With stickers the issue for me is that for the lost parts (also with stickers) I've only marked myself in rebrickable the part missing. So I don't have specific info about what parts do I have missing with stickers exactly. I do know by heart which stickered parts I need, but yeah - it doesn't work for me if I am not specifically searching for a one specific stickered part. And well, usually when I am looking for something specifc, then I'm mostly leaning towards just purchasing a whole new sticker sheet (usually used parts have stickers placed by children and aren't actually aligned or maybe even not in right orientation)...

But this is just my stance on the matter of stickers =).
  • Thanks.
    For the most part, the bricks i have now, actually do have a nice sticker and a brick that goes with it as well. So i would keep both.
    I am just curious if people do search for a single sticker peace, or as you say Jay, would just want to buy a whole new ark.

But maybe if anything i could write a note about the sticker and quality in the posting.
  • If I'm trying to complete a set and need a certain stickered part, then absolutely I want to have them available for purchase somewhere! So I personally encourage sellers to list their stickered parts for sale. I'm usually trying to complete a more vintage set where the sticker sheets are even harder to find than the individual stickered parts.

For STAMPS (STickers Across Multiple PartS), you can't add them to the set inventory as an assembly or minibuild, so if you add them to the database please tag them with the set number so that we can search for them, thanks much!
  • Okay. Well thats it for me then. I will do my best to keep those bricks in best condition :-P
    Good to hear it is wanted some way or another :-)
  • I sell quite a few stickered parts here on BO - there is def a market for folks building older sets, as buying new sticker sheets can be costly. :-) But I think it depends on the set - I sell all I get, but certainly I sit on some longer than others (and have some that have never sold <s>).