Are there different P/N for old Bricks made from CA material

In my vintage LEGO journey I learned that LEGO used to produce bricks from the CA (Cellulos Acetate) material until the 1970's. After that they changed to using ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene).

Well, I came accross several of the CA material variants; 3001, 3003, 3005, 3007 etc. All bricks have no internal "cross support" and have "Pat. Pend." printed on the inside. Visually you can see the difference with the newer (ABS material) bricks. You can also feel the difference and hear it when you drop the brick on a stone floor.

Now I have added these bricks to my inventory using the f.i. "Blue Brick 2 x 4 (Earlier, without Cross Supports)" partnumber, with a public note that explains the different material.

My question is, are there different partnumbers available for the CA versions of the above P/Ns?

Thx,

Dirk https://dlc.brickowl.com

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Not that I'm aware of. I've seen other stores mention that the parts are CA and/or display the older logo, so I reckon that's good enough. I suppose if and when someone purchases you could drop them a quick message to double check what they're going to receive as they may not have seen the public note or understood what the difference is.