I need some help

Hey everyone, I need your help or advices :(
Can anybode check please my store and say what is wrong with it, I have placed everything using 6 month average prices as well as 30% discount, so my prices is low enought, but no one orders. Maybe I did some mistake while organizing my store.
Looking for your advice what should I do to make my store better and start getting customers.
Thank you everybody! :)

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There does seem to be something odd... I am in the United States.
    I go to your store and it says you ship to the United States.

I arbitrarily visited an item: https://marblebricks.brickowl.com/store/lego-minifigure-figure-long-bow-with-arrow-93231 to look at your price ($0.528 US which is pretty good!)...

But then I visit that item in the CATALOG, look at the entire world, and your store is NOT showing up there for that same item. In fact, you should be in the top five showing at that price for that item.

I have no idea why...?? Shipping from Latvia to the United States also is wildly cheap - I can barely ship inside the US to the US for that rate. ;-)

Wondering if that has something to do with your challenge? You will see lower sales until you get more unique lots, but 2300+ unique lots is pretty respectable! :-)
  • For what it's worth, I tried replicating Calibrick's search. I didn't see it on my original "World" search, either, but my country was set to North America. After I changed the second field, Country, to "All Countries" I found the item after scrolling a little bit. I think that second field might be why Calibrick couldn't find your item in the Catalog. I'm in North America, too, so her search setting was probably the same as mine.

My advise, s0l0kr, would be to have patience. You seem to be doing everything right. I see you've been open just a couple of months and already have a few feedback responses. For myself, I didn't start seeing alot of orders come in until my fourth month. I had NO sales in month one, and single-digit customer counts in months two and three. Just keep adding parts, and you'll start seeing some sales.

P.S. Thanks for donating a portion of your profits to charity!
  • Well I'm based in the UK, and most of my orders come from here, so following the same logic I would expect that most of yours should come from Latvia. I don't know about the market there, but there are currently only four Latvian stores listed, so maybe you are hoping for more international orders? If I'm looking to buy I will likely exhaust UK sellers first as, thanks to Brexit, I now have to factor in additional costs when purchasing from Europe ☹️, and by default I limit myself to see only UK stores.

Also you have a minimum order limit, which for me is not appealing (although I totally understand why stores choose to have one - it's your store, your terms), and coupled with lower stock selection means some people will simply bypass you in favour of a store with no restrictions.

There are also annual trends to bear in mind - as we approach summer longer days and warmer weather means more time doing outdoors things, and less time building LEGO, so orders will tail off a little.

As @HeartlandBrix says, as you add more stock you will start showing up in more people's wishlist, as well as general browsing. And I'd echo the patience thing too - sales will pick up over time.
  • @Calibrick, @HeartlandBrix, @Jay37, thank you for your comments and advices, probably I am not showing in search list because I don't have a lot of orders? And maybe brickowl algorithms works like these, to now show sellers who don't have a lot of feedback in order to make this place safe for buyers. But it's just my thoughts.
    Yes I am always trying to add as much parts as I can, and yes I am donating to charity, not to make my store looking better for everyone, just because for me lego store is hobby where I can earn money, help by donating money, and touch lego everyday.
    Probably everything what I should do it is just wait, and add more parts as well, probably when I will get more orders then I will be in search list
    Thank you again!
    If you have something to add, I am always here to hear your thoughts and advices! :)
  • The listings pages often have odd sorting for me. My guess is it's something to do with tax, in that it shows items in order based on the net of tax price, but displays the with tax price, thus sometimes appearing to show them out of order.
  • @Hoddie yes but the problem is that I don't have any taxes in my shop :)
  • But it's okay, I will just wait and be patient, nothing was build by one day, in case if you like my prices my shop is always open for you! :)