Setting up shipping rates.

Hi. Everyone I need some help setting up my shipping rates for usa.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi @mkbricksandmore, and welcome to BO! You can search this forum and find useful information, but in general how I did it:

1. Go to My Store > Settings > Shipping and click the blue Shared Shipping Rates button on the upper right.
    2. Sort by the creator column - there are many of us that share our shipping bands setup for the US
    3. Click the blue VIEW button to view the method(s) you're interested in - we each leave notes for other sellers explaining what it covers, how it's setup, etc.
    4. For each one YOU want to use, opening VIEW actually opens it from your store as a draft shipping method - tweak it (especially your source zip code - first three digits!) to your needs, sizes, weights, prices and save it.
    5. Kick back and chill. :-)

Pretty much every method imaginable for us US sellers is in there - I share all mine for every conceivable US shipping to US (I don't do international) scenario, I believe stopping at orders sized over 36" cubic (due to the second add'l surcharge USPS adds for that oversize set). Anything I sell of that size is a larger set, which I want to force Request a Quote so I can look at alternatives for the customer, e.g., UPS, FedEx.

I'm sure there are folks that also share their overseas methods!! :-)

When you do yours, DO NOT forget to ensure you are covering the weight of your interior and exterior packaging materials (my rates actually scale charging for a higher weight than the actual parts, scaling higher to accommodate heavier packaging for larger size orders).