Help with setting shipping costs to include UK only

Hi,
Would one of you very kind experienced sellers help me to set my shipping to allow only UK buyers only and exclude the rest of the World including Europe.

If someone could write down for me step by step what I need to enter in the appropriate I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks
Dennis

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Probably a quicker method would be go to your Shipping Tab (My Store > Settings > Shipping) and click on 'Shared Shipping Methods'. In the search box top right of the list type what method you're interested in - say Royal Mail 2nd Class. This returns a list of stores who have this method and have shared these settings. I have just added my 2nd Class Large Letter if you want to have a look - you can search by store name (mine's Jay's Brickyard) and it will narrow the search.

Click 'View' next to whichever one takes your fancy and have a look at how it's been set up, including packaging dimensions and pricing. If you want to then use this as a template for your own shipping, scroll to the bottom and click 'Create'. This will automatically add it to your shipping methods and it will be enabled by default. If you wish to make changes to anything I suggest you disable it first (click on the method and untick the 'Enabled' option, scroll down and hit 'Update'), make your amendments, retick 'Enabled' and 'Update'.

The shipping method will then appear on your delivery page for customers to see.

Depending on what you're selling I would recommend a 1st Class Large Letter, 2nd Class Large Letter, 1st Class Small Parcel & 2nd Class Small Parcel as minimum methods.

Once you've activated your shipping, foreign customers will be able to browse your store but they will see a banner on your storefront saying you don't ship to them.

Have a go and see what's out there, but remember that it's worth double checking things before going live - nothing worse than finding your dimensions are out or you've miscalculated shipping!

Hope this helps

James
  • Thank you very much James, I will give that a go.
    Kind regards
    Dennis
  • @sawbridgeworth999 Just bear in mind that Royal Mail prices go up on Monday. If you copy a postage method, you may still need to go in and change all the prices.
  • @White Horse Bricks thanks for the reminder, completely forgot! Will have pick up a new leaflet today.
  • Thank you for the information regarding postal increases.