My first "public" MOC feedback

Hello,

I know that I would get more attention maybe from ReBrickable forums, but I need to register there and etc and bla bla, and I'm not looking for that much attention - yet. So I'm posting here and I have only one request from the readers of this forum - could you give me some feedback either in this same topic or in ReBrickable - I don't mind. I just want to get some feedback for the MOC and overall impressions (no purchase is necessary or if someone would really like to build it for reviewing, then I can generate some discount or whatever code in ReBrickable, but then I really would like to get some full review type of feedback).
PS! Every type of feedback is welcome - may it be criticism, negative, positive or suggestions - everything is highly valued at this point =).

Link to this MOC:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-142148/P6tu/offroad-adventure-truck/#details

With regards,
P6tu

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You describe the interior detail, but I don't see any pics of it. Would be nice to have visual. The mudguards feel undersized for this beast. (I know changing that would be a complete rebuild, not saying it's a deal breaker.) I love that it has a play feature. I would like at least a suggestion of how minifigs would get the kayak down. Maybe a ladder on the side or something. Overall looks fun!
  • Thank you very much for taking your time to give some feedback =). I also replied in ReBrickable too =). But just in case, a picture of the interior to here too.

The reason, why I didn't include the interior pictures at first, was to keep something in the mystery for interested builders to find out =). I guess it is better to have some pictures...
  • @P6tu I like the how that flips up! Also re: your reply on rebrickable I didn't even think about the possibility of it representing a lift kit. Very cool. The whole thing feels like it could easily have been ripped out of the game Snow Runner. I just might have to put the parts on my wish list. 😉 I'd love mod it into a deep country search and rescue vehicle.
  • Thank you very much =). Both sides can be opened up like that for easy access to the features inside.

Come to think of it, then yeah, this specific truck does resemble something from SnowRunner :D .
  • @P6tu, such a clever design, it's really cool! I do agree with earlier posts that I recommend adding an interior image to help sell the design. That's purely from a marketing POV, and that flip design is a nifty sales point.

From an artistic POV - and this is just my humble two cents for consideration - you may want to consider making the interior bed/cot a light color. With the outside so dark and the accessories (save the kayak) so dark, I personally feel like a touch of contrast would increase the visual pleasure of the design for adult MOCers who may want it for display.

Totally agree with an earlier poster that the interior flip opening is super clever! I have such great admiration for all our MOCers and for the work you did here. I'm one of those "love-to-follow-directions" vs. creative folks, so am always unfailingly impressed with the ingenuity shown by yourself and others in MOCs! Congrats!

R,
    Sandy
  • Thank you very much =). I will soon update the MOC with the ladder version and then I'll make real life pictures of the interior. The bed actually is light blue. I wanted to make the pillow white, but the actual user of this truck insisted that it has to be the same color as the bed itself :D.
  • Had quick glance... Considered stickers? Really cool but could do with eye catching something on the side
  • I got your point =). The side of the lab is a bit plain... I already came up with an idea and I will have a go on testing this out. It would increase the part count, but from the looks of Studio renderings it looks interesting and gives a bit more texture and is less boring =). Just need to test it on my best test subject - my son. If it won't break and is accepted, then it is a good option :P.

I haven't ever done anything with stickers and I don't even know, where to get customized stickers. I know that it is possible to purchase stickersheets for official Lego sets, but that is a bit unknown territory to me...
  • Hello P6tu,

Thank you for sharing your first MOC submission with us! It's great to see your passion for creating a truck that can handle any adventure.

Your attention to detail is impressive, and I love how you've included all the necessary equipment for a successful off-road journey. The inclusion of a crane to hold a motorbike and kayak is a nice touch, as it adds another layer of adventure to the experience.

It's also great to hear that you've tested the truck with different types of terrain and it's still running well. This is important for any child who wants to take their truck on a wild adventure!

I appreciate that you've built this truck with durability in mind, and that it's designed to last in the hands of a child. Your use of glow-in-the-dark pieces is also a fun addition that will surely add to the excitement of the experience.

Overall, I think you've done an excellent job on this MOC, and I hope that purchasing the instructions will be well worth it for those who are interested in building it themselves. Keep up the great work, and I look forward to seeing more of your creations in the future!

Best regards,
    Pack of Bricks
  • Thank you very much =). This is very encouraging feedback so far and it just pushes me and my son to publish the main adventure truck of the "series" =). There are some complicated steps along the way and we still need to polish the instructions to be also usable by a 10 year old... And with 1000+ parts the building gets a bit wearing to the young builder, so I need to make it someway more rewardig =).

Also, regarding V2 of this currently uploaded MOC, we can test out the "upgrades" within next week. I am missing some specific parts, but so far it seems to be solid build still and I can make new pictures after finishing it again =).
  • I am sorry for the long delay (my photographer didn't have time to set up the photobox). But I finally uploaded the new version with the new list of those updates that I made according to your suggestions =). Thank you very much.

I also finally uploaded the pictures and the main set that got this whole thing started in the first place: https://bricksafe.com/pages/P6tu/seiklusveok-poolhaagisega .
    The instructions for that semi are also available for a price in ReBrickable =).

Now, thanks to @Brandish_Jaye for giving an idea that it looks like something from Snow Runner, then we found out with my son that we have few things missing. Due to that the initial set of three trucks with a semi-trailer has now grown to five trucks with a semi-trailer + a small trailer that can be attached to all of the previous trucks.
    Also, this whole adventure truck thing has got me driven to design and build a base for all of those trucks and to actually have a resting point between the adventures. Although I do not know, when I will be able to fully bring it to life since the whole build has a whopping 5000+ piceces :S ... + I have no idea about the actual playability and durability. It is my first attempt on creating a building. I don't even have any official Lego building sets like those adult Creator things... But I did get some advice from our local LUG group about creating it on a MILS base, so I had a good start - I guess :D.

Anyway, as previously, everyones opinions and feedback is still welcome on the second truck with the semi trailer =).

PS! A little trivial info, since it was the first truck and we started building it from the parts that we had, then the first version had actually red pieces instead of the blue ones. And with that note, it is most likely cheaper to build a red/black version of the semi-truck. It has a lot of firefighter sets parts ;).
  • An actual pic of the truck too =).
  • @P6tu, it looks great, congratulations!!!!!!!!!
  • So I have moved to another forum on Eurobricks with this topic, but just wanted to share the whole big backstory and progress of this whole thing here too so here is a link to the topic in Eurobricks:
    https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/196218-moc-series-or-a-theme-offroad-adventure/