False chargeback and feedback

I've just received word from Stripe, that a chargeback that was placed early this month about an order in January was finalized in the favour of my customer. The customer claimed that his credit card was stolen, but they acknowledged that this transaction should not have been part of the chargebacks. I gave the customer the reference to our transaction, so he could inform his bank, but still it was decided by that bank that my supplied "evidence" was not sufficient, resulting in me paying for his order, shipping and the chargeback costs.

I've already disabled Credit Card as a payment method to avoid this, as banks always seem to stick with their clients, but from a Brick Owl perspective, is there anything I can do to warn others about this user? He has 0 feedback at this point, but it seems like I can only provide positive feedback. Any suggestions on what to do with this order/customer?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Go to the order, click More Actions, then Report an Issue. This will allow you to leave a note that an order placed by the user resulted in a chargeback. Any future orders from the user will show that this happened, and then the seller can decide to cancel (or not).
  • Thanks, Hoddie. I have indeed already done that. Does it only show up on the bottom left in the "Customer" section of the orders? Typically, I don't see that part to be honest, as I'm using synchronization software.
  • Yes, I believe so.